FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican statement re: Assisi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(04-04-2011, 08:21 PM)PatienceAndLove Wrote: [ -> ]"Pope Benedict XVI and representatives of the world's major religions will make speeches and sign a common commitment to peace when they meet in Assisi in October, but they will not pray together, the Vatican said.

In fact, Pope Benedict's formal prayer service will be held at the Vatican the evening before the encounter Oct. 27 in Assisi with leaders of other Christian communities and representatives of the world's main religions."

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories...101328.htm
This is key. The Holy Father is going to remember Assisi HIS way. No Pope  and the Dalai Llama holding peace trees. No weird rituals going on at the consecrated altars in Basilicas. This is the pope that did not attend and criticized Assisi I. 
(04-04-2011, 09:03 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2011, 08:21 PM)PatienceAndLove Wrote: [ -> ]"Pope Benedict XVI and representatives of the world's major religions will make speeches and sign a common commitment to peace when they meet in Assisi in October, but they will not pray together, the Vatican said.

In fact, Pope Benedict's formal prayer service will be held at the Vatican the evening before the encounter Oct. 27 in Assisi with leaders of other Christian communities and representatives of the world's main religions."

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories...101328.htm
This is key. The Holy Father is going to remember Assisi HIS way. No Pope  and the Dalai Llama holding peace trees. No weird rituals going on at the consecrated altars in Basilicas. This is the pope that did not attend and criticized Assisi I.   

Why is he even remembering it?  That's the real question...
Besides patting each other in the back and praying for "peace", what's the point of this?

The Vatican is, yet again, the sponsor of a monstrous event of religious indifferentism. What more proof do people need?
I am glad that the Vatican is trying to sort out the mess and clarify things, but this will in reality just become meaningless.

What always happens is that they say one thing and then do another, just like Obama.

Just because they say it is syncretism, doesn't mean that it isn't.

The best course of action is to have the Pope give a lecture to the world from his balcony and that is good enough.

There is no need to get involved with "dialogue" when the Pope has the ear of Heaven.

Geeze, get over the ways of the world and focus on saving souls before it is too late.

Clean up the corruption in the Church and let Our Lord worry about the rest.
I'll admit, I really don't understand why we have to do it at all either. Especially when you are trying to reconcile the SSPX , then go and announce Assisi III. Thats like making a girl who is scared of clowns watch Killer Clowns from Outer Space. The bad memories are unleashed from the woodwork. My only theory is that he is "appeasing" the liberals while at the same time reintroducing traditional practices as they swoon. B16 seems to have a trademark of giving the liberals a bone to pacify them, then releasing something in favor of tradition while they are quiet. Remember when he announced that JPII would be Venerable. He later announced that Pius XII would be Venerable as well after first announcing JPII because you knew Pius XII alone would have had the Rad Libs slitting their wrists.
Rome gives with one hand, and takes away with another?
I have never read this document from Cardinal Kasper before. Now I realize where my former NO parish priest gets his platform for what I used to think were wacko ideas. They are indeed blessed by the Vatican! How sad.
    “Therefore the goal, the aim of every ecumenical effort is to attain the real unity of the Church which implies a multitude of forms which we cannot yet ... For the time being I do not dare suggest any concrete, possible and imaginable realizations of this future church” (Cardinal Ratzinger, 30 Days, p. 68).

He doesn't believe that the Church is already ONE.  That's why he needs to dialogue with heretics and infidels.

(04-04-2011, 10:26 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when he announced that JPII would be Venerable. He later announced that Pius XII would be Venerable as well after first announcing JPII because you knew Pius XII alone would have had the Rad Libs slitting their wrists.

This is exactly what happened when both Pope Pius IX and Pope John XXIII were beatified on the same day, a theological mixing of oil and water. Not to mention the post conciliar double-speak, where they won't have an "ecumenical prayer service" like what happened at Assisi I in 1986, but they'll celebrate the anniversary of it anyway, because they want to put the imprimatur on Pope JP II's actions and inactions, and reconcile Tradition and novelties, and worse. 
(04-04-2011, 11:13 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2011, 10:26 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when he announced that JPII would be Venerable. He later announced that Pius XII would be Venerable as well after first announcing JPII because you knew Pius XII alone would have had the Rad Libs slitting their wrists.

This is exactly what happened when both Pope Pius IX and Pope John XXIII were beatified on the same day, a theological mixing of oil and water. Not to mention the post conciliar double-speak, where they won't have an "ecumenical prayer service" like what happened at Assisi I in 1986, but they'll celebrate the anniversary of it anyway, because they want to put the imprimatur on Pope JP II's actions and inactions, and reconcile Tradition and novelties, and worse. 

Exactly.  If this Pope, who was "so against it" in the 80s, was STILL against it now, he'd let this "anniversary" pass on by without even a mention.

Oh well.  Good old Rome.
Pages: 1 2 3 4