FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican statement re: Assisi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There is need to enter into dialogue with everyone, regardless of religious faith, and without sacrificing one's own identity or indulging in syncretism, a statement from the Vatican press office affirmed in regard to Benedict XVI's upcoming pilgrimage to Assisi.

A statement Saturday from the press office addressed plans for the Oct. 27 day of reflection, dialogue and prayer for peace and justice in the world, to be held in Assisi.

The day, with the theme "Pilgrims of truth, pilgrims of peace," marks the 25th anniversary of the event held there in 1986 under the leadership of Pope John Paul II. The Polish Pontiff invited representatives of the world religions for a Day of Prayer for Peace.

"Every human being is ultimately a pilgrim in search of truth and goodness," the Vatican communiqué noted, in explaining the event. "Believers too are constantly journeying towards God: hence the possibility, indeed the necessity, of speaking and entering into dialogue with everyone, believers and unbelievers alike, without sacrificing one’s own identity or indulging in forms of syncretism.

"To the extent that the pilgrimage of truth is authentically lived, it opens the path to dialogue with the other, it excludes no one and it commits everyone to be a builder of fraternity and peace. These are the elements that the Holy Father wishes to place at the center of reflection."

http://www.zenit.org/article-32212?l=english
What the...they're having another one?? >sad

"The Vatican noted that personages from the world of culture and science will be invited, as well as the representatives of Christian communities and of the principal religious traditions."

Say what?
" There is need to enter into dialogue with everyone, regardless of religious faith, and without sacrificing one's own identity or indulging in syncretism, "

No there isn't a need for "dialogue with everyone at all."

"Every human being is ultimately a pilgrim in search of truth and goodness," the Vatican communiqué noted, '

Another false assertion.  The 60s are over for the hippies.  Chuchill was correct when he said something to the effect of,  everyman comes face to face with the truth and most step out of the way
(04-04-2011, 12:38 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]" There is need to enter into dialogue with everyone, regardless of religious faith, and without sacrificing one's own identity or indulging in syncretism, "

No there isn't a need for "dialogue with everyone at all."

"Every human being is ultimately a pilgrim in search of truth and goodness," the Vatican communiqué noted, '

Another false assertion.  The 60s are over for the hippies.  Chuchill was correct when he said something to the effect of,  everyman comes face to face with the truth and most step out of the way

Awesome Churchill quote.
(04-04-2011, 12:38 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]No there isn't a need for "dialogue with everyone at all."

I'm sure that's easy to say when you live in the comfort of your little American hamlet.

Quote:Another false assertion.

Goodness may be pushing it, but I have never found a human who is not actually in search of the truth.  To claim that a man prefers ignorance is an over-used rhetorical device.

By the way, I'm sure you could have found a more reputable man to quote that that monster Churchill.
Of course, this dialoguing is ridiculous and has no place in Catholicism, according to the Seat of Peter itself; however, I must admit that the last phrase is an improvement in regards to Rome's official stance on ecumenism.

Quote:"Every human being is ultimately a pilgrim in search of truth and goodness," the Vatican communiqué noted, in explaining the event. "Believers too are constantly journeying towards God: hence the possibility, indeed the necessity, of speaking and entering into dialogue with everyone, believers and unbelievers alike, without sacrificing one’s own identity or indulging in forms of syncretism.

This is a tiny step away from the anything goes sort of ecumenism that we have seen in the last few pontificates.  At least we see here a semblance of the notion that outright combining of our religions is not desired.  However, the reason given for this is to keep our "identity".  This ambiguous "identity" should be expounded upon and put forth clearly as the belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the Church of Christ and that it desires for those outside of it to join into it so that they may find salvation as it will not be found elsewhere.
Churchill indeed was a monster. That said I'm curious how many korans Churchill French kissed? Or how many naked goat piss drinkin pagans danced for  him. See I'd Churchill did do that it woudl be expected from monserz
but a  pope? Assisi is the monster fsr worse the. Churchill. It's a sacrelege of the highest order it was before it's hard to argeue it won't be again
a qoute from one monster Churchill is rather fitting for the monsterous Assisi

(04-04-2011, 07:28 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]This ambiguous "identity" should be expounded upon and put forth clearly as the belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the Church of Christ and that it desires for those outside of it to join into it so that they may find salvation as it will not be found elsewhere.

How can she say this with a straight face when at the same time she releases documents such as the following:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontif...on_en.html

"In order to legitimize this tendency, a source of proselytism, the Catholic Church developed the theological vision according to which she presented herself as the only one to whom salvation was entrusted. ... While the inviolable freedom of persons and their obligation to follow the requirements of their conscience remain secure, in the search for re-establishing unity there is no question of conversion of people from one Church to the other in order to ensure their salvation."

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontif...sm_en.html

"Non-Catholic Christians are therefore not outside of the one church, they already belong to it in a most fundamental way (LG, 11, 14; UR, 22)."

Huh?  Puke
As bad as this is, the one which really makes me scratch my head is Kissinger visiting the Vatican and being given an apartment for the two weeks he was there.

tim
To qoute a gi I. Platoon
"politcs man,  it's politics"
nothing unusual sad to say
Pages: 1 2 3 4