FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Mohamadans attack and murder 1000 catholics seeking refuge in ivory coast!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-04-2011, 10:41 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]It's time to have a new crusade!!
INDEED!

once when i was listening to EWTN radio, they had a guest who was an ex-convict biker who converted to Christianity then left for Sudan to fight for the Christians (who are majority Catholics minority conservative Anglican)
(04-04-2011, 10:43 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2011, 10:41 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]It's time to have a new crusade!!
INDEED!

once when i was listening to EWTN radio, they had a guest who was an ex-convict biker who converted to Christianity then left for Sudan to fight for the Christians (who are majority Catholics minority conservative Anglican)

But, but!  The Vatican said violence is always evil and can never be used in God's name!  :dunce:
(04-05-2011, 11:31 AM)kingtheoden Wrote: [ -> ]But, but!  The Vatican said violence is always evil and can never be used in God's name!  :dunce:

If that is true, than the Vatican has gone more off the rocker than I thought.  :)
(04-05-2011, 11:34 AM)UnamSanctam Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2011, 11:31 AM)kingtheoden Wrote: [ -> ]But, but!  The Vatican said violence is always evil and can never be used in God's name!  :dunce:

If that is true, than the Vatican has gone more off the rocker than I thought.  :)

Christian Rome: today, two words combined that can't make sense.
It's very strange how this is being reported on the news.  They say there have been deaths but no report of 1,000 Catholics killed.  The reports are saying an election put the Muslim leader in charge but the former Catholic leader refuses to leave office.  Obama and other country leaders are urging him to go to avoid any more blood shed.  Apparently there are photos or videos forthcoming showing the deaths in the Ivory Coast but they haven't shown them yet.
double post.
This is horrible. Absolutely horrible. My prayers for those people and their families...  :(  :pray2:

Stuff like this really makes me wonder about how some people can be so violent, while others can be so un-violent, while both claim to be part of the same religion. I teach (adult, male, Saudi Arabian) Muslim students English and they are peaceful, funny, friendly ordinary men who love their families and show off pictures of their little children.... I know that "Muslim" never automatically equals "violent" and although I am not allowed to discuss politics with students I think many or all of them would insist that they belong to a religion of peace and that those who would do this to others aren't true Muslims. And those evil people who would kill people so brutally would insist that my students are a bunch of urban, modern, far-too-educated, pansy, Muslim wanna-be's....  So, it makes me wonder.... it's the "no true Scotsman" fallacy, I guess.  :shrug:
Even religion can be abused to nefarious ends; doubly-so if it is a false religion like Islam.  It preys upon man's natural instinct to seek God, distorts it, and turns it into nonsense.  It's the devil's work.  Unfortunately, we humans are easily misled.  It started when Eve was misled into taking the apple, and then Adam was misled into eating it.

There is a place for violence, but that's defense of self or others.  There is also a place for formal execution - again, defense of self or others.

But massacres and slaughters?  No, that's distortion.  It's misdirecting man's inherent desire to seek God.  It's the devil's bait and switch.

Also, prayers for those hurt and still under attack and that their attackers repent and find Christ.  :pray:
(04-05-2011, 01:56 PM)laurabookworm Wrote: [ -> ]This is horrible. Absolutely horrible. My prayers for those people and their families...  :(  :pray2:

Stuff like this really makes me wonder about how some people can be so violent, while others can be so un-violent, while both claim to be part of the same religion. I teach (adult, male, Saudi Arabian) Muslim students English and they are peaceful, funny, friendly ordinary men who love their families and show off pictures of their little children.... I know that "Muslim" never automatically equals "violent" and although I am not allowed to discuss politics with students I think many or all of them would insist that they belong to a religion of peace and that those who would do this to others aren't true Muslims. And those evil people who would kill people so brutally would insist that my students are a bunch of urban, modern, far-too-educated, pansy, Muslim wanna-be's....  So, it makes me wonder.... it's the "no true Scotsman" fallacy, I guess.  :shrug:

One must also factor in the inherent tribalism in African society that magnifies any differences.
And b4 anyone accusses me of being some sort of latent Victorian Eugenicist ,I once dated a a girl of British Nigerian descent for a couple of years  and tribalism was very much alive n well,even amongst "their own" and in a western country to boot.
From January, Fr Raymond de Souza's thoughts on Nigeria, where Christians have been fighting back against the followers of the paedophile's 'Religion of Pieces'.

(01-12-2011, 05:24 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Some interesting thoughts from Fr de Souza in his column in the National Post:

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/colu...story.html
Pages: 1 2 3