FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: large families from a Trad perspective
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-06-2011, 12:11 PM)amasimp Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2011, 04:09 PM)username123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2011, 03:36 PM)love alabama Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to know what specifically do trad people with a lot of kids see as the benefit of having  all those babies. I am not disparaging Trad families, I praise them. I just want to know what do they perceive as the benefits of having large families.

On a side note I have been to some Trad Churches, mostly FSSP and SSPX and I have noticed that when I go into the basement after Mass I have to be dealing with an obstacle course of sorts avoiding an army of todlers :laughing: 
Babies crying during the Mass, and large vans in the parking lot.

We have all heard, I am sure about the Duggars on TLC who have 20 kids. They are protestants though.

Speaking for myself of course, my wife and I didn't plan or not plan how many children we had/have/may still have. Perhaps there are some couples who actively try to have as many as possible. Good for them and God bless them. My wife and I will take as many as the Good God happens to give us. We currently have 4.

There was a time when I thought my life could be complete with a couple children. I have come to the point where I can't imagine not having the mess, mayhem and great times that come with having several children. As Scripture says, "Blessed is the man whose quiver is full."

As someone who cannot have children, I hate that verse.  It makes me think that God cursed me instead...

And yes, I've thought about adoption..and no it is NOT for everybody.

*hugs*

Just remember that it doesn't say "cursed is the man whose quiver is empty."  The Lord blesses us all in different ways.  Clearly, if the Lord only blessed those with large familes, then priests and nuns would be cursed and surely they are not.  Perhaps the Lord has another path for you, such as charity work that would be difficult to do with a large family.  Just a thought.  :)
Can I comment from a purely practical perspective.

I am one of 9 and between 7 of us we have 58 children or something like that.

That means there is an accountant, a lawyer, a soldier, a paramedic, a plasterer, a painter, a graphic artist, a Cambridge Mathematician, a computer genius, a plumber, a mechanic, several talented gardeners, a nurse, an insurance salesperson, a teacher, a nursery school owner, a journalist and many other professions all of whom can remember me taking them swimming, tickling them and buying them Christmas presents when they were younger.

This month I am doing my roof and need a couple of young labourers who won't walk off the job or turn up late, who can live in and do a hard day of work for a fair day of pay. They won't sue me or report me for health and safety breaches if they drop a hammer on their toe.  Because they are my nephews.

That's power.  Power, I say.  POWER!!!
(04-07-2011, 06:15 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]Can I comment from a purely practical perspective.

I am one of 9 and between 7 of us we have 58 children or something like that.

That means there is an accountant, a lawyer, a soldier, a paramedic, a plasterer, a painter, a graphic artist, a Cambridge Mathematician, a computer genius, a plumber, a mechanic, several talented gardeners, a nurse, an insurance salesperson, a teacher, a nursery school owner, a journalist and many other professions all of whom can remember me taking them swimming, tickling them and buying them Christmas presents when they were younger.

This month I am doing my roof and need a couple of young labourers who won't walk off the job or turn up late, who can live in and do a hard day of work for a fair day of pay. They won't sue me or report me for health and safety breaches if they drop a hammer on their toe.  Because they are my nephews.

That's power.  Power, I say.  POWER!!!
That is true ggreg, big families have always been a sign of strength throughout the course of time until only very recently and our culture is suffering because of it.

Women having many children is in line with natural law which was designed by our God himself, the originator of natural family planning.

Our first instruction was to "Be fruitful and multiply", totally God's will and totally natural.

And back to the OP, large trad families are truly a blessing, only the world will tell you it's a curse.

Whom do you believe.

Sad to notice that the muslims too are:
"in line with natural law which was designed by our God himself, the originator of natural family planning."
Their families are much more numerous than even the trad families.

(04-07-2011, 06:53 AM)maso Wrote: [ -> ]Sad to notice that the muslims too are:
"in line with natural law which was designed by our God himself, the originator of natural family planning."
Their families are much more numerous than even the trad families.
The really sad part is that most of the nonChristian part of the globe is in line with it as well with the exception of maybe communist/western infiltrated societies like Red China and Japan.
(04-06-2011, 12:11 PM)amasimp Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2011, 04:09 PM)username123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2011, 03:36 PM)love alabama Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to know what specifically do trad people with a lot of kids see as the benefit of having  all those babies. I am not disparaging Trad families, I praise them. I just want to know what do they perceive as the benefits of having large families.

On a side note I have been to some Trad Churches, mostly FSSP and SSPX and I have noticed that when I go into the basement after Mass I have to be dealing with an obstacle course of sorts avoiding an army of todlers :laughing: 
Babies crying during the Mass, and large vans in the parking lot.

We have all heard, I am sure about the Duggars on TLC who have 20 kids. They are protestants though.

Speaking for myself of course, my wife and I didn't plan or not plan how many children we had/have/may still have. Perhaps there are some couples who actively try to have as many as possible. Good for them and God bless them. My wife and I will take as many as the Good God happens to give us. We currently have 4.

There was a time when I thought my life could be complete with a couple children. I have come to the point where I can't imagine not having the mess, mayhem and great times that come with having several children. As Scripture says, "Blessed is the man whose quiver is full."

As someone who cannot have children, I hate that verse.  It makes me think that God cursed me instead...

And yes, I've thought about adoption..and no it is NOT for everybody.

I've said this before, but not being able to have children feeels like a curse but it's actually a gift.  It's our gift of suffering for Our Lord to help comfort him from the losses due to abortion.  That's our mission in life.  Our sufferings are needed and necessary Amasimp.  An Ave for you and all of us who live with this gift to give it willingly.  :pray2:
Pages: 1 2