FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archbishop Jose Gomez goes native in L.A.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Fr. Zuhlsdorf has posted the video of the closing "Eucharistic Liturgy" (a.k.a. "Mass") of last month's L.A. Religious Education Conference.  It's odious, which is why Fr. Zuhlsdorf posted it today.  But every time I ask why Archbishop Jose Gomez, the "conservative" replacement for Cardinal Mahony and Opus Dei veteran, was "presiding" so serenely over liturgical dance and other liturgical abuses, my comments are quickly deleted.

So I'll ask it here.  Isn't it time we started calling "conservative" bishops on their cowardice and, at best, nonfeasance?

Gomez even starts out by pronouncing himself, in a zombie-like fashion, the "presider" at a "Eucharistic Liturgy."   

Here's the vid:

Whiskey tango foxtrot?
Man, that didn't take long, did it? He's been there like a year, right?

I agree: people need to be called out by name.
Eh, he's been Coadjutor Archbishop for most the time though, he was only installed as Archbishop a couple of weeks before the event. While I'm not exactly expecting much, I'm willing to give him until the 2012 version of this...whatever that is. Not saying anything will change, but I guess a little hope is better than none. A friend of mine who attended it said at the opening event the Eastern Catholic Bishop in attendance just looked perplexed at the dancing Deacon and other revelry.
Here, try this.  There's no guarantee however, that all components of this abomination will be removed.

[Image: MotivatorBrainBleach2.jpg]

Dear God, I thank you even more for ABL and the SSPX.  Please help all those that are trying to find You in the real Mass will do so soon and not have to endure this kind of stuff any longer.  Thank you for your patience and your generosity in staying with it as long as You have.
(04-05-2011, 06:14 PM)SirPounce Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, he's been Coadjutor Archbishop for most the time though, he was only installed as Archbishop a couple of weeks before the event.

Long enough to avert sacrilege.  And he knew this was coming.  If he really wanted to prevent it, he would have.  I'm so damned tired of the excuses made for and by these feckless bishops.
A real Bishop would have called it out for the sacrilege that it was.  Especially during Lent!
(04-05-2011, 06:24 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]A real Bishop would have called it out for the sacrilege that it was.  Especially during Lent!

Exactly.  Cardinal Wuerl causes the Pontifical High Mass in DC to be cancelled, while in L.A., well . . . the show must go on. 
(04-05-2011, 05:49 PM)Varokhâr Wrote: [ -> ]Whiskey tango foxtrot?
Whiskey tango foxtrot kilo??  ???  ???
(04-05-2011, 06:42 PM)Sinner Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2011, 05:49 PM)Varokhâr Wrote: [ -> ]Whiskey tango foxtrot?
Whiskey tango foxtrot kilo??  ???  ???

I get the first part, but what's "Kilo"?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7