FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Kasper Promotes a Reform of Our Reforms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cardinal Kasper Promotes a Reform of Our Reforms
Liturgy is worship, not only a community celebration.  The experience of the sublime and of the tremendum mysterium is the curative.
His Grace, Cardinal Kasper

Vallendar (kath.net) Cardinal Kasper promotes an "in depth going reform of our Liturgical reforms."  It needs a "renewed liturgical-sacramental culture", said the Curial Cardinal, who was till 2010 the President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, according to 'kirchensite.de" from a report from KNA about ++Kasper's lecture at the symposium "The Liturgy of the Church" of the "Cardinal Walter Kasper Institute for Theology-Ecumenism-Spirituality" at the Philosophy and Theology Faculty of Vallendar.

Liturgy must not be desacralized and robbed of its sublimity, explained the former Bishop of Rottenburg-Stuttgart, because it is worship, not only a community celebration.  Just as in our civilization, which is leveling,  secular and thoroughly void of meaning, the sublimity and the tremendum mysterium also brings the curative.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...f-our.html
Wow the Holy Father must have one hell of a cattle prod for this stuff to be coming out of Card. Kasper's mouth.
I dunno, it could be bait and switch.  They talk about reforms to cozy to B16, then gut things even more given half a chance.  His version of sublime might be bowls of fire and liturgical dance.

Sorry, I know that's kind of rude and completely cynical, but honestly I wouldn't trust some of these guys to renovate the bathroom at a Texaco let alone the liturgy of the Church.
He was very critical of the German Theology Memorandum as well and weighed in to defend clerical celibacy.
(04-08-2011, 01:44 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]He was very critical of the German Theology Memorandum as well and weighed in to defend clerical celibacy.

True.  Maybe he came to his senses, Deo volente.
(04-08-2011, 01:48 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2011, 01:44 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]He was very critical of the German Theology Memorandum as well and weighed in to defend clerical celibacy.

True.  Maybe he came to his senses, Deo volente.

I can't wait to read his new book.
Is Card. Kasper a Catholic now?

With God, all things are possible.
Sorry, I know that's kind of rude and completely cynical, but honestly I wouldn't trust some of these guys to renovate the bathroom at a Texaco let alone the liturgy of the Church

LOL ouch!  LOL ouch!      gee thanks Quis, I'm sitting here minding my own business, recovering from rotator cuff surgery and you put me into nonstop LOL and my shoulder starts hurting. I 'll just put some ice on it
Maybe Cardinal Kasper would have been a reasonable enough guy if he hadn't been given that stupid "Christian Unity" job.
Ah vetus!!!
LOL
Pages: 1 2