FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Moral Conservative Jesuit Vocation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-15-2011, 06:33 AM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]I've never been to a moribund TLM. Can you explain what you mean by that term. In the dictionary moribund is defined as  "being in the state of dying : approaching death." Could you explain to me what a TLM nearing death looks like. What happens during a "moribund tlm".

In context, he probably meant a dying TLM church as opposed to a vibrant Novus Ordo one, not the Mass itself. There are indeed TLM communities that are shrinking and/or filled mostly with old people.
(04-15-2011, 06:42 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2011, 06:33 AM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]I've never been to a moribund TLM. Can you explain what you mean by that term. In the dictionary moribund is defined as  "being in the state of dying : approaching death." Could you explain to me what a TLM nearing death looks like. What happens during a "moribund tlm".

In context, he probably meant a dying TLM church as opposed to a vibrant Novus Ordo one, not the Mass itself. There are indeed TLM communities that are shrinking and/or filled mostly with old people.

It's the exact opposite here. The White-haired hippies of the 60's attend the Novus Ordo, while I am the oldest person at our TLM. Lots of babies & toddlers there.
That's definitely a good thing. We're not all so blessed, though. Mine is more old people than not, and numbers seem to be declining gradually.
Yes, by moribund
(04-15-2011, 08:13 AM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]The White-haired hippies of the 60's attend the Novus Ordo, while I am the oldest person at our TLM. Lots of babies & toddlers there.

I have not yet been able to attend the TLM, Lord willing that day will come soon, but my situation is different from yours. Primarily I attend the Byzantine DL (at one Parish) and NO (at various locations) Mass. For the NO, the crowd is just full of young families and youth, with some elderly people as well. The average age, I would say, is 28. At the DL the average age is probably close to 60, and the numbers grow fewer. You are very blessed to have the opposite situation; to see Tradition growing and Radicalism depleting.
I've always found NOs to be really unfriendly.
[quote='tradne4163' pid='738770' dateline='1302807227']
The Jesuit in my former parish may be good to talk to. His name is Father Jack Cuddigan, S. J. If you call St. John Vianney Church in Omaha, NE they might have a direct number for him. The Church number is 402-895-0808.  Keep in mind that it operates in Central Time. that all being said, you might want to look at orders that live the traditional way. You might want to look at the Canons Regular of the New Jerusalem. I gave them a look, and they do live according to how most orders probably did before the Vatican II debacle./quote]

What about the Dominicans? I don't know much about this order except that they were asked to take over the Newman Center at our state's University.
The NO there, before they came was the worst I'd ever attended. The priests, at that time, were diocesan under Bishop Gaydos. Liturgical Dance, Power point presentations shown on the wall of the NEW Church....which was built in the round with no kneelers, SCORES of EEMs & Lay Ministries of all kinds. One of the priests, at that time, fired a nun??? who was the only Traditional influence in the diocese. In other words the Newman Center parish was a MESS!!!, as are most things that Bishop Gaydos is involved in.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Thomas_Aquinas_Preparatory_Seminary#Allegations_of_Sexual_Abuse_at_St._Thomas

We have 2 children who went to the University & attended Mass at the Newman Center for  years. We have one son & 3 Grandchildren who still live there. I've not been to Mass there since the Dominicans took over from the diocesan priests, but will be going soon as my Granddaughter's First Communion is coming up. Can anyone tell me what to expect.

I'd also like some info on the Precious Blood order as it is today. Any info is appreciated.

Is there any hope that either of these orders will allow a Latin Mass in their parishes.
(04-15-2011, 06:27 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]I've always found NOs to be really unfriendly.

There are some, a small margin mind you, of good NO priests, who give Traditional homilies and attempt to do all in their power to suppress the modernist fervor of their congregations.
(04-16-2011, 04:24 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2011, 06:27 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]I've always found NOs to be really unfriendly.

There are some, a small margin mind you, of good NO priests, who give Traditional homilies and attempt to do all in their power to suppress the modernist fervor of their congregations.

We are blessed to have a younger priest of that sort in my diocese.  He isn't perfect and I'm certainly more "trad" then him but....God has been good to provide him where the options are the NO or nothing (by "nothing" i mean an orthodox church miles from my house).
Pages: 1 2 3