FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Moral Conservative Jesuit Vocation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Everyone,

I am discerning a vocation in the Jesuits. I need to speak to a moral conservative Jesuit. Does anyone know any moral conservative Jesuits I can speak to? I would really appreciate if I could obtain their contact details (for example, email address).

Thanks for your help.
Fr. Cornelius Buckley S.J., Chaplain at Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, CA.

Rev. Cornelius Buckley, S.J.
c/o Thomas Aquinas College
10000 N. Ojai Road
Santa Paula, CA 93060 

(800) 634-9797 (toll-free)
(805) 525-4417 tel.
(805) 525-9342 fax.
I knew a guy who was a moral conservative Jesuit in formation who  was all fired up for the first four years that he was going to reform the jesuit order, he recently left them and is now discerning a vocation as an Archdiocese of San Francisco priest which archdiocese definitely needs a reformation back to Catholicism. The Jesuits try to weed out conservatives.
Try the Dominicans there really seems to be a return to orthodoxy going on in their United States Eastern and Western Provinces.
(04-08-2011, 12:39 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-08-2011, 12:32 PM)eaglean Wrote:I am confident in the moral truth declared by the Magisterium. It is supported by reason and will not accept anything less.

Understood.  Which is why I think you might find the Society of Jesus problematic.  But, again, God's will be done. :)

I understand your concern greatly - thanks again for your recommendations (NB I have already contacted Ignatius Press regarding Fr. Joseph Fessio and await a reply).
(04-08-2011, 12:44 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]Fr. Cornelius Buckley S.J., Chaplain at Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, CA.

Rev. Cornelius Buckley, S.J.
c/o Thomas Aquinas College
10000 N. Ojai Road
Santa Paula, CA 93060 

(800) 634-9797 (toll-free)
(805) 525-4417 tel.
(805) 525-9342 fax.

Thanks Philly for the contact details of Cornelius Buckley, S.J.
The Jesuits are a lost cause
(04-08-2011, 12:50 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]I knew a guy who was a moral conservative Jesuit in formation who  was all fired up for the first four years that he was going to reform the jesuit order, he recently left them and is now discerning a vocation as an Archdiocese of San Francisco priest which archdiocese definitely needs a reformation back to Catholicism. The Jesuits try to weed out conservatives.

Thanks Salus for your telling of this story, and your mention of the Dominicans.

Note I found this article on Catholic.com; http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive...r/08031108

Can someone explain to me why this has not been administered on the ground level? There exist obvious deviations from accepted beliefs regarding for example, the nature of exclusive homosexuality, and sex based difference in humanity. There is no rational basis for either of these positions (neither exclusive homosexuality or gender independence is natural) and they are unequivocally declared illegitimate by the Church, and yet the situation remains as is.

Is that true
(04-08-2011, 04:49 PM)Ptochos Wrote: [ -> ]Is that true about the Dominicans? They recently were invited to take over the campus ministry and the parish of a church in town. I was impressed with my visit. So if you had the option of a vibrant, orthodox NO parish and a moribund TLM, which would you choose?

The latter, of course.
Pages: 1 2 3