FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Medjugorje
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What do you think?

Opinions, Assertions, Comments, Statements, Absolute Truths?
local bishop didnt approve it, so FUGGEDABOUDIT!
Either fake or satanic.
I have been there and experienced many things. But having read some of the messages that go against Catholic teaching, I have changed my mind. I even saw the sun dance ,and if I remember correctly, could look at it without hurting my eyes.
I have a cousin on my Hubby's side that went to Medjugorje and came back a total nutcase.  She brought all kinds of rosaries that had "turned to gold" and extolled all the virtues of "Mama Medjugorje".  When I asked her about some of the controversial claims, her answer was that, "Whatever Mama Medjugorje says is true because Jesus loves her and us so much that He will make them true." 

When an Uncle died, she ran in, put on one of his shirts, and put on his boots (he was a pig farmer so they were really gross) and ran outside in the rain, dancing and singing the praises of "Mama Medjugorje" and shouting to the heavens that this man, who was an atheist, was now with her in heaven.  She would be there soon with them to dance with them like the sun in Medjugorje.  If only we would open our minds and hearts we would all be saved in the light of "Mama Medjugorje".

Sorry, my mind is closed on this one.  She was a wonderful mother of 6, sweet, and intelligent before the trip.  Afterwards  :cuckoo:
(04-09-2011, 12:36 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]She was a wonderful mother of 6, sweet, and intelligent before the trip.  Afterwards  :cuckoo:

That's surreal.

I'm sorry for her and her kids.
(04-09-2011, 11:27 AM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]I have been there and experienced many things. But having read some of the messages that go against Catholic teaching, I have changed my mind. I even saw the sun dance ,and if I remember correctly, could look at it without hurting my eyes.

Maybe the Government fakes up some of those things?
(04-09-2011, 12:48 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2011, 11:27 AM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]I have been there and experienced many things. But having read some of the messages that go against Catholic teaching, I have changed my mind. I even saw the sun dance ,and if I remember correctly, could look at it without hurting my eyes.

Maybe the Government fakes up some of those things?
I remember us praying multiple rosaries at the time kneeling and crying with a deep sense of peace. Maybe it was the devil. I do not know. A pentecostal service could probably bring about the same kind of feelings..
I think you hit the nail, JMartyr.  Feelings.  That, instead of the Faith, seems to be the driving force with most of these people. 

Yes, Vetus, it was surreal.  Her family has suffered greatly because of this.
Medjugorje  - what can you say abt. this.
We have friends who have spent thousands and thousands over there, others who are devotees.
Only last week a guy from our church was telling me all abt it  - I've been hearing it for 20 years.
Our Lady apparently sends daily messages  - finishing with " thank you for responding to my call." (!)
We had to stop friends quoting from Medj. publications to us - it was beginning to get intrusive.
Its not been approved - thats the bottom line.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8