FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Lutherans: Not Interested in Distancing from Old Rhetoric
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lutherans: Not Interested in Distancing from Old Rhetoric
As is commonly known, Luther persistently reviled the Pope as a heretic. Should you not take the wooden head of Wittenberg simply at his word?

(kreuz.net, Regensburg) The Protestants should finally distance themselves from the barren polemic of their founder Martin Luther († 1546).

Bishop Gerhard Ludwig Mueller of Regensburg advocated this on Tuesday for the news service 'dapd'.

"It is time that on the official Protestant side that they officially distance themselves from the teaching that the Pope is anti-Christ."

Such expressions can do nothing but be reduced to an obsolete polemic -- explained Msgr Mueller.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...ncing.html
Protestantism makes no sense whatsoever unless the Pope is the anti-Christ....

It really doesn't! 
(04-30-2011, 01:17 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Protestantism makes no sense whatsoever...

It really doesn't! 

I would have stopped there.
(04-30-2011, 01:17 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Protestantism makes no sense whatsoever unless the Pope is the anti-Christ....

It really doesn't! 

Protestantism "makes no sense" from a historical and theological perspective.

It doesn't need the Pope to be the anti-Christ as a sort of 6th sola.
Great.. even Protestants are ceasing to be Protestants.
I'm sure this will help along the gooey (and wholly non-productive) tinklefest coming up in 2017.

Catholic Bishops will commemorate the heresiarch Martin Luther (and his unique patrimony of peasant revolts, shifting and vapid theology, and general kookery) in a few years.  Apparently some 'ecumenical' Bishops are planting 'Luther Trees.'

No further comments for the sake of preventing anger.
Surely there aren't going to be any Lutherans around by then?
(04-30-2011, 05:36 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Surely there aren't going to be any Lutherans around by then?

What about true Catholics?
I don't know - I hear plenty of Lutheran snobbery regarding Catholics and Catholicism 'round these parts.

Polemic is all they have against us.