FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Another EENS, please be patient...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-16-2011, 07:13 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2011, 09:18 PM)wulfrano Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate you thoughts.  However, I prefer those of the Council of Trent, of Pope Pius IX, of Pope Pius X and of Pope Pius XII.

We agree again!

Thank you, Stubborn!
while your ability to slip out of the grasp of argument is good, it's not great.  ;D

Can God Do what he does not WILL to do? Is it even possible at all? I contend that it is NOT POSSIBLE for GOd to do what he does not will to do,because it is NOT POSSIBLE that God should will what he would not do.

-mouthful-
(06-16-2011, 11:48 PM)Gregory I Wrote: [ -> ]while your ability to slip out of the grasp of argument is good, it's not great.  ;D

Can God Do what he does not WILL to do? Is it even possible at all? I contend that it is NOT POSSIBLE for GOd to do what he does not will to do,because it is NOT POSSIBLE that God should will what he would not do.

-mouthful-
This kinda sounds like the athiests verse of God and a rock...
(06-16-2011, 11:48 PM)Gregory I Wrote: [ -> ]while your ability to slip out of the grasp of argument is good, it's not great.  ;D

-mouthful-

God and His Mind and His Will are ONE.
So is it possible for God to do what he does not WILL to do?
(06-16-2011, 11:52 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]

-mouthful-
This kinda sounds like the athiests verse of God and a rock...

Whatever God wants is Holy.
That is irrelevant. Is it possible for God to do something that he has said he will not do? I want to know what your opinon of this specific issue, and no other, is. Because how you view THIS issue will inform your sensibilities as to whether GOd saves those who have a sincere inkling of him, but do not know him.

Is it actually possible for God to do something that is contrary to his revealed will?
(06-18-2011, 12:43 AM)Gregory I Wrote: [ -> ]That is irrelevant. Is it possible for God to do something that he has said he will not do? I want to know what your opinon of this specific issue, and no other, is. Because how you view THIS issue will inform your sensibilities as to whether GOd saves those who have a sincere inkling of him, but do not know him.

Is it actually possible for God to do something that is contrary to his revealed will?

"Is it possible for God to do something that he has said he will not do?"

Yes, when there is a condition involved.

"DoesGod save those who have a sincere inkling of him, but do not know him?"

God saves those who sincerely want him and need him even though they might not have all the specifics about his holy mysteries.
(06-18-2011, 12:57 AM)wulfrano Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2011, 12:43 AM)Gregory I Wrote: [ -> ]That is irrelevant. Is it possible for God to do something that he has said he will not do? I want to know what your opinon of this specific issue, and no other, is. Because how you view THIS issue will inform your sensibilities as to whether GOd saves those who have a sincere inkling of him, but do not know him.

God saves those who sincerely want him and need him even though they might not have all the specifics about his holy mysteries.

demonstrate from scripture, the fathers or the ordinary magisterium the first point. what condition?

demonstrate the second point in the same way. where is it taught in the ordinary magisterium?
(06-18-2011, 01:30 AM)Gregory I Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2011, 12:57 AM)wulfrano Wrote: [ -> ]

demonstrate from scripture, the fathers or the ordinary magisterium the first point. what condition?

demonstrate the second point in the same way. where is it taught in the ordinary magisterium?

My goodness, Gregory I.  I am no theologian.  But I am sure that St.Thomas and St. Agustin have the answers.  Check them out.