FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Mexican priest brutally murdered......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Mexican drug cartels are more dangerous to the U.S. and Mexican citizens than all the Al Queda agents on the planet.

Just another example of their savagery;

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=10143

Mexico: priest brutally murdered
  April 28, 2011
A priest of the Archdiocese of Mexico City was brutally murdered at his church at dawn on April 26. Father Francisco Sánchez Durán was 60.

The “act of violence is deplorable in itself and even more so if carried out against persons consecrated to God,” said Cardinal Norberto Rivera.

The murder comes amid increasing threats, violence, and extortion attempts against Mexican priests. Last year, 162 priests received death threats, and two were kidnapped and murdered.

Rest In Peace  Pray
Catholic Mexico, a shining example of the New Springtime, right?

Prayers for this holy martyr.
Absolutely no development of the story. Why are the priests being targeted? By whom? Is it related to the drug cartels warring? Are the priests doing something that threatens the cartels? What's going on?
Pray
Sadly, I fear the situation in Mexico is going to get worse, not better.  The cartels are so powerful and entrenched it is hard to distiguish who is the government and who is the cartel.
(05-02-2011, 10:25 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, I fear the situation in Mexico is going to get worse, not better.  The cartels are so powerful and entrenched it is hard to distiguish who is the government and who is the cartel.

Precisely.
R.I.P.

It is so unfortunate this situation in Mexico. I can only repeat those words my great-grandfather and the other Cristeros said 80 years ago

¡Viva Cristo Rey y nuestra señora la Virgen de Guadalupe!
Does anybody here know why the cartels are targeting priests?
Yes, priests are a constant target for extortion.  They are required to pay a percentage of the collection monies to the cartels.  Priests who refuse to do so, get killed.  Also, if a priest speaks out against the cartels, he pays the ultimate price.
Pages: 1 2