FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: EMHC and the rabid defense of them...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LOL  How's that for a thread title?

I aggravated some non-traditionalists on another forum, I fear.  A woman posted that she is homebound and the parish will not send anyone to give her communion.  She was very distraught.  (understandably). 

I remarked that EM often want to be front and center at Sunday and daily masses, but it is telling that they won't do this, something more important  - but behind the scenes and without as much visibility. 

It unleashed some big defensesof EMHC, using liability issues as an explanation, Huh? and people not being comfortable going into homes. 

I apologized for offending them, but gave them examples from my N.O. parish where EMs bless people with the sign of the cross, drop the host, talk throughout mass and laugh and talk in front of the parish while the alter servers are receiving communion. 

I was asked why I don't volunteer for the ministry.  I told them as a traditional Catholic, I'm not going to do so. 
You did the right thing. Smile I avoid them like the plague and receive Communion from the priest. Another thing is this 'talking and chatting' thing. >sad Catholics should understand that when they are inside the Church the True Presense of Christ is there and you should show the proper respect and worship.
(05-04-2011, 02:09 PM)Traditional Guy Wrote: [ -> ]You did the right thing. Smile I avoid them like the plague and receive Communion from the priest. Another thing is this 'talking and chatting' thing. >sad Catholics should understand that when they are inside the Church the True Presense of Christ is there and you should show the proper respect and worship.

Thanks.  The talking in mass has become a huge issue with me.  I sit in front of two people that talk throughout the mass like they are in their living room and watching a tv program.  sad   

I would love to go to a TLM, but the closest is 100 miles away.  I'm thinking about doing it once a month, regardless.  200 miles roundtrip on a Sunday is a lot, but I'm strongly considering it. 
Quote:Thanks.  The talking in mass has become a huge issue with me.  I sit in front of two people that talk throughout the mass like they are in their living room and watching a tv program.   sad   

I would love to go to a TLM, but the closest is 100 miles away.  I'm thinking about doing it once a month, regardless.  200 miles roundtrip on a Sunday is a lot, but I'm strongly considering it. 
Yes I know what you mean on the talking there. I also despise that 'Sign of Peace' which has become an excuse to talk, smile, laugh up a storm, and 'make out.' Ugh! :o
(05-04-2011, 02:20 PM)Loriveronica Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to go to a TLM, but the closest is 100 miles away.  I'm thinking about doing it once a month, regardless.  200 miles roundtrip on a Sunday is a lot, but I'm strongly considering it. 

I encourage you to go as often as you can manage.  If you can't go every month, go every other month. 
(05-04-2011, 02:00 PM)Loriveronica Wrote: [ -> ]LOL  How's that for a thread title?

I was asked why I don't volunteer for the ministry.  I told them as a traditional Catholic, I'm not going to do so. 

We live almost 300 miles from a traditional parish.  We have chatting before and after Mass.  Most of the altar servers, lectors and EEMS are female.  There have a been a number of innovations in regard to the music and things like read-aloud prayers during the Holy Hour of Adoration.  We're stuck with a "folk group" for Saturday vigil.  Not only is the music inane and irreverant, the poor musicians are untalented and unaware of that fact.  Note: we don't prefer to attend Saturday vigil, but recently our son's work schedule required a temporary adjustment in that area.
Good for you.  I can't stand when I'm in the sanctuary kneeling for Our Lord in Holy Communion with the other altarboys and all of a sudden four EMHC come.

Some priests don't like it when they come in.  I remember when I was close to the Altar handing a ciborium to the priest and he commented hotly that he didn't think it was appropriated for so many EMHC.
(05-04-2011, 07:02 PM)ketchum Wrote: [ -> ]Good for you.  I can't stand when I'm in the sanctuary kneeling for Our Lord in Holy Communion with the other altarboys and all of a sudden four EMHC come.

Some priests don't like it when they come in.  I remember when I was close to the Altar handing a ciborium to the priest and he commented hotly that he didn't think it was appropriated for so many EMHC.

praise God for such priests!  unfortunately, too many are responsive to the fallen laypersons of their parish.  To the OP...there is no defense for EM's AT ALL , those who aren't male deacons anyway.  I pray for the abolishing of the whole thing.
(05-04-2011, 07:08 PM)Norbert Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2011, 07:02 PM)ketchum Wrote: [ -> ]Good for you.  I can't stand when I'm in the sanctuary kneeling for Our Lord in Holy Communion with the other altarboys and all of a sudden four EMHC come.

praise God for such priests!  unfortunately, too many are responsive to the fallen laypersons of their parish.  To the OP...there is no defense for EM's AT ALL , those who aren't male deacons anyway.  I pray for the abolishing of the whole thing.

It will, eventually. 
(05-04-2011, 10:29 PM)ketchum Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2011, 07:08 PM)Norbert Wrote: [ -> ]

It will, eventually. 

I hope so.  I noticed at JPII beautification, Pope Benedict had everyone kneel before him on a prie dieu to receive communion on the tongue.  It was encouraging to me and hopefully things will be changing. 
Pages: 1 2