FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Polish Sisters run chastity hotline for men
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://frmilovan.wordpress.com/2011/04/2...ts-spring/

Is it because it’s Spring….?

[Image: opatice1.jpg]

[Fr. Milovan Katanic: Found this in Serbian (here) but nothing about it in English.]

A group of Polish nuns have made it their task to save boys from going down the “path of evil” if they would fall under the temptation of using the services of “ladies of the night”.  Twelve nuns to be exact are sitting by the phone ready to be of help.  “Instead of prostitutes, call us,” says their ad.

Being a man is a great thing. God gave man the privilege of being a father, to take care of a family. They need to act bravely and not be subject to weaknesses,” said Sister Teresa behind the project hotline.

The Dominican Sisters do not scare the men by talking of the eternal flames of hell.

Even when someone sets out on the path of evil we should not be judgmental, but return them to the correct path,” says the emergency line in Krakow.

I don’t know if its because of Spring … but we have been bombarded with phone call these last few days,” says Sister Teresa.

These nuns are awesome!!
Yeah, that's nice!
God bless them!    Pray

Thumb

Great stuff!  Smile
Forgive my ignorance, I'm not trying to say something stupid here ... but what are these men talking to Catholic nuns about their lustful temptations?   :o

Why is a nun giving a man advice about being chaste? 

modified for clarity
(05-05-2011, 04:52 PM)Grace Wrote: [ -> ]Forgive my ignorance, I'm not trying to say something stupid here ... but what are these men talking to Catholic nuns about their lustful temptations?   :o :o :o  How is a nun giving a man advice about being chaste? 
maybe pray with them? but yeah, good point. Hopefully the older nuns, the ones who are 80+ aren't taking the calls!  Wink
(05-05-2011, 05:09 PM)MaidenofGod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2011, 04:52 PM)Grace Wrote: [ -> ]Forgive my ignorance, I'm not trying to say something stupid here ... but what are these men talking to Catholic nuns about their lustful temptations?   :o :o :o  How is a nun giving a man advice about being chaste? 
maybe pray with them? but yeah, good point. Hopefully the older nuns, the ones who are 80+ aren't taking the calls!  Wink

But isn't this something that maybe priests or other men trained in this area be doing?  I just am trying to picture these conversations.  "Um, Sister, I've been thinking about this girl and ......"

Do the nuns act like Aunt Bea and suggest that they go play baseball and eat apple pie?   LOL  I'm sorry ... again, I may be missing why this is such a good idea ... but it seems kind of strange.   argh! funny mistake.  LOL
I wonder if a lot of men who regularly pick up prostitutes, aren't doing it, at least subconsciously, because they are lonely.  
(05-05-2011, 05:32 PM)Andrew Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if a lot of men who regularly pick up prostitutes, aren't doing it, at least subconsciously, because they are lonely.  

This is a fair point. Maybe the nuns (who I'm sure have some kind of training before they start answering calls?) are trying to show the men ways of having respectful relationships with women, outside of a sexual dynamic. Visiting a prostitute is not normal behavior and anybody willing to call a nun in the first place, rather than call a sexline, must be open to change and ready to try resolving their relationship with women.
Pages: 1 2 3