FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Burke takes on PP in Texas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.courageouspriest.com/cardinal...houston-tx

Cardinal Burke Taking On Planned Parenthood In Houston, TX

[Image: cardinal-burke.jpg]
Cardinal Burke will pray at the Planned Parenthood facility in Houston, TX on Monday, May 9, 2011

Houston, Texas, May 5, 2011 / 12:48 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Top Vatican official Cardinal Raymond L. Burke is set to pray and speak out against abortion at Planned Parenthood’s new facility expansion in Texas.
Raymond Cardinal Burke

“Cardinal Burke is a man of great passion for the pro-life cause and is one of the highest ranking U.S. bishops in the church,” said event organizers from the Catholic Charismatic Center on April 28.

The cardinal serves as prefect of the Apostolic Signatura for the Vatican in Rome.

“His particular presence at this abortion facility will be a very significant moment of official opposition to the abortion industry in America.”

Hundreds are expected to join Cardinal Burke on May 9 outside the Houston clinic, which recently built a sizable addition specifically for late-term abortions.

The prayer vigil is part of two pro-life events slated in the next week which include a “Night for Life” benefit on May 8 with Cardinal Daniel N. DiNardo, Archbishop of Galveston-Houston and head of the U.S. bishops’ Committee on Pro-Life Activities.

The gala will help fund the Pro-life Apostolate of the Catholic Charismatic Center.

“The presence of these two prominent voices for the unborn in this country lends special significance to this Gala and the message that will be spoken regarding Planned Parenthood’s huge expansion in Houston making it the abortion capital of the United States and South America, will be heard by many,” organizers said.

Please keep Cardinal Burke and Cardinal DiNardo in your prayers as they pray at the gates of the monster abortion facility.
Quote: The gala will help fund the Pro-life Apostolate of the Catholic Charismatic Center.

What the heck is a "Catholic" Charismatic Center?  It saddens me that Cardinal Burke would get involved with this den of heresies.  I salute him flying in from Rome to take on the abortionists, and I salute the misguided charismatic whackos for being pro-life.  But for that matter a lot of Protestants are pro Life.

May their zeal for the pro life cause bring them actual graces to flee from their vile heresies. 

A lay woman can't "channel" the Holy Ghost and strike down people with Him.  There is no such thing a a re-baptism, or a more complete baptism, or a more complete outpouring of the Holy Ghost after confirmation.  There is only demonic activity with this sect.
Thanks for posting this.  This is the largest pp facility in the US.  Prayers are greatly needed.  I plan to participate on the 9th.

As a side note, I looked at their website, the charasmatic center has been around Houston since the early 70s and offers mass in English, Spanish and Nigerian.
Great.  So we're putting down PP but upgrading Charismatic Centers.  Houston, we have a problem.  Fish-Eater Smackdown
(05-07-2011, 05:17 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]Great.  So we're putting down PP but upgrading Charismatic Centers.  Houston, we have a problem.  Fish-Eater Smackdown

Mmhmmm.  I'd like to hear His Emminence's view on Catholic charismaticism.
While I certainly don't support the "charismatic Catholic" movement you also have to keep in mind that the SSPX went on pro life marches with Protestants too.

(05-07-2011, 07:34 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]While I certainly don't support the "charismatic Catholic" movement you also have to keep in mind that the SSPX went on pro life marches with Protestants too.

If ever there is a cause that makes for strange bedfellows, it's the Pro-Life Movement!
I'll take a Charismatic catholic over a Planned Parenthood person any time!
Cardinal Burke is no way supporting heresies!

I also stand toe to toe with a number of protestants as I pray at our local abortion mill.  This is common ground, folks!

But I did have one Evangelical take me on and say Catholics are damned and junk like that. I told her we do not do that when we stand together for life--that stuff is not going to be tolerated here. We must respect each other here.  She finally admitted that not 'all; Catholics might be damned and maybe not all Evangelicals are saved. Big of her.

I hope everyone here is standing up to defend the unborn in some fashion or another.
Our local SSPX joined us in prayer and one lady did come out regularly during the 40 Days for Life campaign.

The FSSP in the larger city in the diocese very much is involved. But most Catholic parishes seem to yawn at the whole thing; there are as many fervent Protestants around here and some clergy for them as well. No local priest will come out to PP to pray.  But some not local ones did.
Houston's a big city.  There has to be another venue.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  I'm glad he's doing this, but why this place?  It just gives condonation to Charismatics.  It does say something to the people attending.  There are two statements being made whether he intends it that way or not.  He's too high ranking not to realize this.  Pentecostals protest abortion clinics as well, but we don't meet at their house of worship to start things off.
Pages: 1 2