FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Our Lady of Fatima
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Since the anniversary of the first Apparition is coming up on May 13th...

[Image: 1139-What-Our-Lady-said.png]

The First Apparition - May 13, 1917

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Lady: Do not be afraid; I will not harm you.

Lucia: Where is Your Grace from?

Our Lady: I am from heaven. (Our Lady raised her hand and pointed to the sky.)

Lucia: And what does Your Grace wish of me?

Our Lady: I have come to ask you to come here for six months in succession on the thirteenth day of each month at this same hour. Later I will tell you who I am and what I want. Afterward, I will return here a seventh time.

Lucia: And will I go to heaven, too?

Our Lady: Yes, you will.

Lucia: And Jacinta?

Our Lady: Also.

Lucia: And Francisco?

Our Lady: Also, but he must say many Rosaries.

Lucia: Is Maria das Neves already in heaven?

Our Lady: Yes, she is.

Lucia: And Amélia?

Our Lady: She will be in purgatory until the end of the world. Do you wish to offer yourselves to God to endure all the sufferings that He may be pleased to send you, as both an act of reparation for the sins with which He is offended and an act of supplication for the conversion of sinners?

Lucia: Yes, we do.

Our Lady: Well then, you will have much to suffer. But the grace of God will be your comfort.

"It was upon saying these last words, 'the grace of God...' that for the first time she opened her hands, which emitted a most intense light that penetrated our breasts, reaching the innermost part of our souls and making us see ourselves in God, Who was that light, more clearly than we can see ourselves in the best of mirrors. Then, driven by a deep inspiration, we knelt down and repeated inwardly: 'O Most Holy Trinity, I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament'.

"A moment later, Our Lady added, 'Pray the Rosary every day to obtain peace for the world and the end of the war.' "She immediately began to rise serenely toward the east until she disappeared far into the distance. The light that surrounded her was, so to speak, opening her way through the starry firmament."

(05-09-2011, 01:25 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]Our Lady: I have come to ask you to come here for six months in succession on the thirteenth day of each month at this same hour. Later I will tell you who I am and what I want. Afterward, I will return here a seventh time.

This is the first time that I realized that Our Lady said "I will return here a seventh time".  It sounds like the seventh time will also be to Fatima, doesn't it?  From May to October is just six times.  There hasn't been a seventh apparition of Our Lady at Fatima, has there?   
Oooooooo, mikemac, is that really the case?

[Image: fatima_children.jpg]
Well I don't know of a seventh apparition of Our Lady at Fatima Jacafamala.  Maybe someone else does.  Anyone?

I've read a lot about Fatima but I don't ever remember reading anything about a seventh, possibly future apparition at Fatima.  I hope someone can add to this.

I don't know if Petertherock is quoting from the Fatima.org site but it says the same, "Afterwards, I will return here yet a seventh time".
http://www.fatimacrusader.com/crintro/crintropg3.asp

Maybe Our Lady says seven because of August 13 and August 19, 1917.  On August 13 the three little shepherds were kidnapped by the district Administrator.  Those that did go to the Cova da Iria on August 13 testified that they did see anomalies but not Our Lady.  On August 19 Our Lady appeared again.  No it can't be because of August 13 and August 19, 1917 because Our Lady said "Afterwards, I will return here yet a seventh time".         
Our Lady did appear over the years to Sister Lucia in her convent, is that a seventh appearance in a sense?
Well, they'd seen hell, right Venaerin That changed everything. Before that, they were more or less like other kids from what I've read.
(05-09-2011, 07:40 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Our Lady did appear over the years to Sister Lucia in her convent, is that a seventh appearance in a sense?

But not at Fatima. Someone must have an answer to this.
Darryl, where'd you get this from?

Edit: Okay, found it; America Needs Fatima...
(05-09-2011, 07:42 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2011, 07:40 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Our Lady did appear over the years to Sister Lucia in her convent, is that a seventh appearance in a sense?

But not at Fatima. Someone must have an answer to this.

Yeah Jacafamala I can't imagine that this seventh appearance has not been talked or written about by someone.  If nobody posts something about it I'm going to phone the Fatima Center to see what they have to say about it.
They threatened them with boiling. Kids when I grew up were tougher than today by a magnitude of 2 or 3. I don't think I could have faced that threat as a kid.

tim
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9