FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Suspended Chicago priest (Fr. Pfleger) sets weekend ultimatum for reinstatement.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[size=10pt]Suspended Chicago priest sets weekend ultimatum for reinstatement[/size]

From : http://gantdaily.com/2011/05/11/suspende...statement/

Quote:Chicago, IL, United States (AHN) – A Chicago priest who was suspended for comments he made on his transfer to a different parish plans to preach at other churches if he is not reinstated.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Father Michael Pfleger told members of his congregation at St. Sabina Catholic Church that he has received invitations from numerous churches and that he would take up one of these offers by the weekend.
The Archdiocese of Chicago has not issued a statement in response to the ultimatum.
Cardinal Francis George suspended Pfleger on April 27 after the priest said in a radio interview he would likely leave the Catholic Church if he was reassigned....

LOL
Lol wow, not much of an ultimatum.
I'm amazed reading various blogs that discuss this, (Fr. Z) and no one has pointed out the absolute lunacy of Cardinal George in reassigning this disaster of a priest to a situation where he would influence children with his lame unCatholic attitudes and ideas. 

I don't see a good guy in any of this.  Just a fight between two clergy that are disagreeing on how to mismanage the Church in Chicago. 
Don't worry, Bishop Jeremiah Wright will appeal to Pope Obama to make him a Cardinal.

(05-12-2011, 02:45 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm amazed reading various blogs that discuss this, (Fr. Z) and no one has pointed out the absolute lunacy of Cardinal George in reassigning this disaster of a priest to a situation where he would influence children with his lame unCatholic attitudes and ideas. 

I don't see a good guy in any of this.  Just a fight between two clergy that are disagreeing on how to mismanage the Church in Chicago. 

I completely agree.

The Cardinal is responsible to suspend this dissident priest - and explain why, i.e., formally ask him to accept certain dogmas of the Church.  Instead, we see this weak language along the lines of 'you have chosen to exit the Catholic Church.'  Basically, this is the language of not wanting to take our assign responsibility (Archbishop Lefebvre mentioned this is a part of The Little Story of my Long Life.)

Given Father Pflegers manifestly un-Catholic actions, he should have been ordered to a monastery to make reparations, learn the Faith and then re-enter active ministry.

I don't focus so much of the priest himself; he was allowed to run wild and go uncorrected for decades.  Even last year, the Cardinal gave him an award!  If Bishops refuse to correct their own sheep, who is more to blame?