FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Williamson- Rotten Apples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(05-15-2011, 11:14 AM)NorthernTrad Wrote: [ -> ]No one is the head of two Churches.  You are either Catholic or you are not - that's the essence of being Catholic.  You're either in or you're out - there's no half way.

If the Pope is a material heretic, he could be the head of the Catholic Church while propagating a heretical version at the same time. 
(05-16-2011, 12:21 AM)PeterII Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2011, 11:14 AM)NorthernTrad Wrote: [ -> ]No one is the head of two Churches.  You are either Catholic or you are not - that's the essence of being Catholic.  You're either in or you're out - there's no half way.

If the Pope is a material heretic, he could be the head of the Catholic Church while propagating a heretical version at the same time. 

You are preaching to a Sedev...  I do hope you realize that!!  And anything you do tell him about the Pope(Or any Popes post 1958) will most likely not change his stance!
(05-14-2011, 09:24 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2011, 09:00 PM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]Again, your devotion to modernism is inspiring but be real because that's what it is.

JayneK is certainly not a modernist. Any actual modernists venturing onto FE would probably get banned fairly rapidly.

Not true - Credo and Glgas come to mind lol

At any rate, I do not say Jayne is a modernist, I do agree that her sympathies help support that effort and if not derailed or stopped completely, she will be a full blown modernist...........that is simply how that whole thing typically works.

(05-14-2011, 09:37 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2011, 09:00 PM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]Again, your devotion to modernism is inspiring but be real because that's what it is.

Wanting to base my ecclesiology on St. Robert Bellarmine makes me a modernist?   Huh?

No. In this particular issue, denying the obvious is only step #1 to being a modernist.
(05-14-2011, 08:41 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2011, 07:55 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]St. Robert Bellarmine wasn't around when the Council destroyed the Church. None of the great Saints would attend the NO Mass...that is why we haven't had any great Saints since the conciliar Church was developed. Unless of course, you count JPII as a soon to be great Saint.  LOL

St. Robert Bellarmine was around for the Protestant "reformation".  I think he understood about crises in the Church.

The Protestant Reformation was an entirely different crisis, however.  The heretics broke off and formed their own churches, instead of infiltrating and ruining the True Church.
(05-14-2011, 10:14 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]I always thought Pope Benedict should appoint Bishop Williamson as Archbishop of San Francisco just to annoy the political and cultural perverts in that city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.

Boy, I would pay top dollar to watch that show.  Oh man.  His Excellency would be the most hated man in America. 

Hahaha.  Ahhh...  What a nice thought.
(05-15-2011, 08:42 PM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]A new mass, new catechism, new code of canon law, new formation of priests, new rules for religious, new relationships with the enemies of the Church, etc.,etc., etc.   How much more of the Church can change before it becomes something else? All of this is very frightening and confusing to say the least.  I know the gates of hell will never prevail, but maybe like our Lord's passion, it will seem all is lost.

Bingo.
(05-16-2011, 08:31 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2011, 08:42 PM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]A new mass, new catechism, new code of canon law, new formation of priests, new rules for religious, new relationships with the enemies of the Church, etc.,etc., etc.   How much more of the Church can change before it becomes something else? All of this is very frightening and confusing to say the least.  I know the gates of hell will never prevail, but maybe like our Lord's passion, it will seem all is lost.
Bingo.
ditto
(05-16-2011, 07:48 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2011, 09:37 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]

Wanting to base my ecclesiology on St. Robert Bellarmine makes me a modernist?   Huh?

No. In this particular issue, denying the obvious is only step #1 to being a modernist.

It is obvious that there is a serious problem in the Church and I certainly do not deny that.  To me, it is just as obvious that we should not use language to describe that problem that was rejected by St. Robert Bellarmine, is associated with heresy and is in conflict with the Creed.  There is ONE Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.  From where I sit, you are the one who is denying the obvious. 
(05-16-2011, 08:54 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]It is obvious that there is a serious problem in the Church and I certainly do not deny that.  To me, it is just as obvious that we should not use language to describe that problem that was rejected by St. Robert Bellarmine, is associated with heresy and is in conflict with the Creed.  There is ONE Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.  From where I sit, you are the one who is denying the obvious. 

Perhaps we can do this in a more methodical manner. I really want to get you to admit or at least answer directly the following:

The ONE Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church has been infiltrated in Her hierarchy with "the most pernicious of all the adversaries of the Church" - Modernists.

To me and to many, this is obvious - do you agree or disagree that Church has been infiltrated in Her hierarchy with Modernists?

Before you answer, so as not to leave us ignorant, Pope St. Pius X said: 19......."Truly enormous errors both, the pernicious character of which will be seen clearly from an examination of their consequences"

I post Pope St. Pius X's quote as a type of educational reinforcement for both our sakes. Clearly, the consequences of the NO can be seen clearly as destructive to the faith - at least it is clear to me and to many.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10