FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The teeth on the UE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know most of you are not happy with the UE and that it has clarified nothing and what not... well either way EVEN if you do feel that way at least it has given the SP something it did not have and that is teeth. In other words as though before when a Bishop or Priest refused to celebrate the EF you were pretty much out luck and there was nothing you or your group could do about it. Well now there is.

http://stlouiscatholic.blogspot.com/2011...se-to.html

The blueprint for Having Recourse to the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei under Universae Ecclesiae

I think this makes it a game changer even if some of the rest of the UE seems only as suggestions this actually deals with the problem prelates.
(05-16-2011, 12:45 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]I know most of you are not happy with the UE and that it has clarified nothing and what not... well either way EVEN if you do feel that way at least it has given the SP something it did not have and that is teeth. In other words as though before when a Bishop or Priest refused to celebrate the EF you were pretty much out luck and there was nothing you or your group could do about it. Well now there is.

The blueprint for Having Recourse to the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei under Universae Ecclesiae

I think this makes it a game changer even if some of the rest of the UE seems only as suggestions this actually deals with the problem prelates.

I think I would call it "potential teeth" rather than "teeth".  I'm waiting to see how hard they bite.  But I certainly see it as a step in the right direction and a reason to be hopeful.
(05-16-2011, 09:28 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2011, 12:45 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]I know most of you are not happy with the UE and that it has clarified nothing and what not... well either way EVEN if you do feel that way at least it has given the SP something it did not have and that is teeth. In other words as though before when a Bishop or Priest refused to celebrate the EF you were pretty much out luck and there was nothing you or your group could do about it. Well now there is.

I think I would call it "potential teeth" rather than "teeth".  I'm waiting to see how hard they bite.  But I certainly see it as a step in the right direction and a reason to be hopeful.

Being hopeful is based on trust - how can anyone trust half truths?
(05-16-2011, 09:47 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]

I trust God, not crazies from either side of the issue at hand - whether I agree with them or not.
(05-16-2011, 09:51 AM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]

I trust God, not crazies from either side of the issue at hand - whether I agree with them or not.

This!  Amen!
Pray

Perhaps a lifetime of lies is what it actually takes before one decides to lean towards caution rather than trust in the enemy.

If a stable group approaches the local bishop is he supposed to provide for the trad. mass in the parish that asks for it or just somewhere in the diocese?  The problem with my diocese is it is rural and there are long distances between parishes.  In fact the cathedral is about a 10 hour drive away from me so having the mass there wouldn't help me much.
(05-16-2011, 10:18 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]

Perhaps a lifetime of lies is what it actually takes before one decides to lean towards caution rather than trust in the enemy.

Perhaps a lifetime of interacting with people and learning about the inadequacies of our fallen species is what it actually takes before one decides to put it in God's hands rather than trust any person or group of people to fix this mess in which we find ourselves.
Best answer yet!

In the mean time, do not attend the NOM.
I think these articles of the UE clarify a lot.

14. It is the task of the Diocesan Bishop to undertake all necessary measures to ensure respect for the forma extraordinaria of the Roman Rite, according to the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.

16. In the case of a priest who presents himself occasionally in a parish church or an oratory with some faithful, and wishes to celebrate in the forma extraordinaria, as foreseen by articles 2 and 4 of the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, the pastor or rector of the church, or the priest responsible, is to permit such a celebration, while respecting the schedule of liturgical celebrations in that same church.

18. Even in sanctuaries and places of pilgrimage the possibility to celebrate in the forma extraordinaria is to be offered to groups of pilgrims who request it (cf. Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, art. 5 § 3), if there is a qualified priest.

23. The faculty to celebrate sine populo (or with the participation of only one minister) in the forma extraordinaria of the Roman Rite is given by the Motu Proprio to all priests, whether secular or religious (cf. Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, art. 2). For such celebrations therefore, priests, by provision of the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, do not require any special permission from their Ordinaries or superiors.

24. The liturgical books of the forma extraordinaria are to be used as they are. All those who wish to celebrate according to the forma extraordinaria of the Roman Rite must know the pertinent rubrics and are obliged to follow them correctly.

29. Permission to use the older formula for the rite of Confirmation was confirmed by the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum (cf. art. 9 § 2). Therefore, in the forma extraordinaria, it is not necessary to use the newer formula of Pope Paul VI as found in the Ordo Confirmationis.

33. If there is a qualified priest, a coetus fidelium ("group of faithful"), which follows the older liturgical tradition, can also celebrate the Sacred Triduum in the forma extraordinaria. When there is no church or oratory designated exclusively for such celebrations, the parish priest or Ordinary, in agreement with the qualified priest, should find some arrangement favourable to the good of souls, not excluding the possibility of a repetition of the celebration of the Sacred Triduum in the same church.

34. The use of the liturgical books proper to the Religious Orders which were in effect in 1962 is permitted.