FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: So, does the pope really smoke?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I've heard varying reports about the Holy Father's supposed smoking habits, or lack thereof. Some people have told me that he smokes about a pack each day, whilst some sites claim that he specifically smokes Malboroughs. Some online sources claim that he does not smoke at all.

Does anyone know for sure? I'm not trying to find a means to validate my own bad smoking habit, I'm just curious. :p
Now I feel like a loser for trying to quit... sad

I really have no idea.  Wouldn't it be cool if he sponsored "the official cigarette of the Vatican?"

It would have something really cool in latin written on it and the Holy Father driving the popemobile with the top down, puffing away.

I would definitely smoke what he's smoking.  Let me know if it ever happens.
(05-17-2011, 11:59 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Now I feel like a loser for trying to quit... sad

I really have no idea.  Wouldn't it be cool if he sponsored "the official cigarette of the Vatican?"

It would have something really cool in latin written on it and the Holy Father driving the popemobile with the top down, puffing away.

I would definitely smoke what he's smoking.  Let me know if it every happens.

This

LOL
This reminds me of a comment made by Pope Leo 13TH who was a smoker. Somebody asked him if smoking was a sin i believe. His response was" I would rather smoke here than in the hereafter"  LOL LOL LOL
So some of the self righteous people in here would say the Pope is in a state of mortal sin because he smokes.  LOL
(05-17-2011, 01:00 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]So some of the self righteous people in here would say the Pope is in a state of mortal sin because he smokes.  LOL

I wish that were the case.

The reality, though, is much grimmer.
(05-17-2011, 01:00 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]So some of the self righteous people in here would say the Pope is in a state of mortal sin because he smokes.  LOL

I highly doubt anyone here would actually say that, even in an internet forum like FE with all sorts of people. 

Does anyone want to actually say they think smoking is a mortal sin?
(05-17-2011, 01:51 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

I highly doubt anyone here would actually say that, even in an internet forum like FE with all sorts of people. 

Does anyone want to actually say they think smoking is a mortal sin?

You haven't read some of the anti-smoking threads on the forum, eh? LOL
If these rumors are indeed true, it helps to understand the couple of strokes he has suffered in recent years. But I highly doubt it. This is the pontiff who loves orange fanta and wanted to spend his retirement sitting in his garden drinking tea with his cats. Hardly sounds like a chain smoker.
(05-17-2011, 02:31 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: [ -> ]If these rumors are indeed true, it helps to understand the couple of strokes he has suffered in recent years. But I highly doubt it. This is the pontiff who loves orange fanta and wanted to spend his retirement sitting in his garden drinking tea with his cats. Hardly sounds like a chain smoker.

He likes orange Fanta? Now THAT I can dig.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7