FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: New Bishop for Joliet Diocese -- Punishment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've mentioned before that there is no bishop in my diocese.  Well, now there is but I'm wishing that we didn't.  Recently Bishop Daniel Conlon of Steubenville Diocese was appointed as the new bishop of mine.  Just hearing that diocese mentioned was a big red flag for me.  Further research shows that Conlon is opposed to the TLM and that he has placed restrictions on the TLM and SP (note, this was before UE --- I don't know what he's said recently) in his previous diocese (which reeks of disobedience to the pope).  While I feel overjoyed for the diocese of Steubenville that they will be getting a new (and hopefully better) bishop in the future, I can't help but feel that my own diocese has been given this new bishop as a punishment for something.  I was certainly praying for someone better.

Any thoughts on Bishop Conlon from anyone here?  I'm not being very positive right now.

Here's the article:  http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/s...liet-ill./
(05-17-2011, 04:17 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: [ -> ]I've mentioned before that there is no bishop in my diocese.  Well, now there is but I'm wishing that we didn't.   Recently Bishop Daniel Conlon of Steubenville Diocese was appointed as the new bishop of mine.  Just hearing that diocese mentioned was a big red flag for me.   Further research shows that Conlon is opposed to the TLM and that he has placed restrictions on the TLM and SP (note, this was before UE --- I don't know what he's said recently) in his previous diocese (which reeks of disobedience to the pope).   While I feel overjoyed for the diocese of Steubenville that they will be getting a new (and hopefully better) bishop in the future, I can't help but feel that my own diocese has been given this new bishop as a punishment for something.   I was certainly praying for someone better.

Any thoughts on Bishop Conlon from anyone here?  I'm not being very positive right now.

Here's the article:  http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/s...liet-ill./

I've met him.  He came to the seminary in November, and we actually watched the election results together.  He's very personable.
(05-17-2011, 04:17 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: [ -> ]I've mentioned before that there is no bishop in my diocese.  Well, now there is but I'm wishing that we didn't.   Recently Bishop Daniel Conlon of Steubenville Diocese was appointed as the new bishop of mine.  Just hearing that diocese mentioned was a big red flag for me.   Further research shows that Conlon is opposed to the TLM and that he has placed restrictions on the TLM and SP (note, this was before UE --- I don't know what he's said recently) in his previous diocese (which reeks of disobedience to the pope).   While I feel overjoyed for the diocese of Steubenville that they will be getting a new (and hopefully better) bishop in the future, I can't help but feel that my own diocese has been given this new bishop as a punishment for something.   I was certainly praying for someone better.

If worst comes to worst, thanks to UE, you have a way to go over his head now. In the long run, having an obstructive bishop get over-ruled would be a good thing.  In the short run, it would be hard on the people dealing with the obstructive bishop.