FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Favorite Orthodox Priests?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Do you know of a favorite orthodox priest you have experienced? I have Father John Berg current Superior of the FSSP is a great parish priest as well as a theology professor at the FSSP seminary in the Lincoln, Nebraska Diocese. :) :) :)
FR. Chad Ripperger  FSSP

Fr. Guichard  FSSP

Fr.  Robert Boyd

Fr. Kenneth Baker SJ

Fr. Guy Selvester

Fr. Dennis Buchholz  ICK

I also like Fr. Pfieffer SSPX, although I never met him or heard him doing MASS in person.

(05-17-2011, 10:33 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]Fr. Dennis Buchholz  ICK

Fr. Bucholz is awesome.  Powerful boring, but awesome.
(05-17-2011, 10:33 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]FR. Chad Ripperger  FSSP

Fr. Guichard  FSSP

Fr.  Robert Boyd

Fr. Kenneth Baker SJ

Fr. Guy Selvester

Fr. Dennis Buchholz  ICK

I also like Fr. Pfieffer SSPX, although I never met him or heard him doing MASS in person.

Fr. Joseph Pfieffer SSPX is at the top of my list.  I have known him since 1999 and I have never met a more likeable man or a more powerful preacher. 
I'd like to add Fr. Gerard Saguto,FSSP, Fr. Anthony Patalano,OP, and Fr. Dalalo, SSPX.
I was just in Seattle and assisted at masses by Fr. Saguto and Fr. Berg. The former pronounces the mass exquisitely, and the latter gave a fairly good first communicants sermon on Good Shepherd Sunday. My favorites are Fr. Cooper SSPX, and Fr. Gabriel O.S.B.
ETA: Did you mean Father DeLallo? If so, I very much appreciate his sermons also. I also liked Fr. Perez in Garden Grove quite a bit (formerly ICRSS) but I only met him once.
Fr Brian Klingele, of the Archdiocese of Kansas City-in-Kansas.

***Edited to Add***

Fr Phil Wolff, FSSP
Fr. Johannes Grun SSPX

Fr. Joseph Horvath (formerly Mercedarian, now SSPX) 

Fr. Eric Simonot SSPX (anybody know whatever happened to him?)

Of course, Bishop Williamson.
Is this really necessary?  Our Faith is not a cult of personality as is Protestantism.  All priests are "Alter Christus."

Some are more orthodox or perhaps, better human beings.  But it is ultimately the Faith and the priesthood that matter--not what we think of individual priests.

This kind of naming names always makes me uncomfortable.

(05-18-2011, 02:51 PM)orate Wrote: [ -> ]Is this really necessary?  Our Faith is not a cult of personality as is Protestantism.  All priests are "Alter Christus."

Some are more orthodox or perhaps, better human beings.  But it is ultimately the Faith and the priesthood that matter--not what we think of individual priests.

This kind of naming names always makes me uncomfortable.
You are right, but this thread seems pretty innocent. It's natural to have a few favorite priests while recognizing all as alter christus just as we may have a few favorite saints as well. I also think this thread is a good opportunity to share real life experiences.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5