FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rome’s exorcist finding Bl. John Paul II effective against Satan.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(05-26-2011, 06:13 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2011, 04:26 PM)Pilgrim_here Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2011, 09:44 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]Fr. Malachi Martin's description of a typical exorcist helps explain it.  Exorcists are generally, not poetically minded, they are more like engineers and not dazzled easily.  Fr. Amorth has supported a few squirrely things before like much of the charismatic movement.  He doesn't  pay attention to in depth theology (probably because he's very busy)  But his gift is exorcism, he probably can't be confused by demons with modernism and his will and faith are extremely strong.  He could be very wrong about a number of things and still kick demonic tail night and day.  That's why Christ enables non-Catholics to also be able to cast out demons.  (the ones that really do it, not the charletons) 

thanks - this is interesting.  where can i learn more about these personality types please?

Fr. Martin's interview series with Bernard Janzen "Kingdom of Darkness",  his book Hostage to the Devil and his first and second guest appearances on the Art Bell show were all on the topic of possession and exorcism as well as related subjects.

Thanks pal.
(05-24-2011, 10:43 PM)PeterII Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2011, 11:47 PM)Cetil Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2011, 11:54 PM)PeterII Wrote: [ -> ]If all medical and psychological possibilities have been ruled out, then there must be some extraordinary evidence to show that unnatural actions are taking place.  What or where is it?  Can't we produce something on tape?  I've seen nothing yet that can't be naturally explained. 

The same goes for modern day "miraculous" healings. Why is it always internal stuff instead of something tangible like the miracle at Lanciano? 

The Church has no need to prove a given subject is possessed to anyone. The Church follows its procedures in the interest of relieving the person of a demon. And DUH! the person suffering such an affliction is entitled to PRIVACY! That should have occurred to you.
As to miraculous healings of "internal stuff", this is tangibly proven through multiple medical checking (and I really don't care if it satisfies you or not). For example, Dr. Jacalyn Duffin, an atheist doctor certified a miracle for the Vatican in the case of Brother Andre who is now canonized. This is a very interesting interview with her:
" Dr. Jacalyn Duffin may know more about these heavenly healings than anyone in Canada, which is set to garner its second native-born saint when Quebec’s Brother André is canonized by the Vatican this weekend.

Duffin — whose 2009 book, Medical Miracles: Doctors, Saints and Healing in the Modern World looked at 1,400 saint-making miracles over 400 years — was instrumental in the canonization of Canada’s first saint, Marie-Marguerite d'Youville, two decades ago.

“A lot of my medical colleagues think I’m nuts to do this research because they think it’s all hocus-pocus,” says Duffin, who teaches the history of science at Queen’s University. “They think it’s the power of suggestion, or that people are actively duping the church.”

Her research and personal involvement in the canonization process, however, has led Duffin to believe something more profound is at play."

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/artic...for-saints

C.

The Church needs to prove it to itself so that it isn't tricked by charlatans.  We can also see the evidence while preserving anonymity.

Dr. Duffin notes:
Quote:Even with the testimony, however, Duffin says the church plays devil’s advocate – the term comes from the process – sending out clerical investigators and doctors – the consulta medica — to try and disprove the purported cure.

Was this done for JP II?

I have no idea who are you callling a charlatan and NO, the Church does not need to prove a person is possessed to anyone simply because an exorcism will do no harm to a person who is not possessed. As Father Amorth states in his book most of the people who come to see him have no need of an exorcist. What they really need is a better spiritual life.

Was what done for JPIIHuh?

C.
(05-17-2011, 11:02 PM)K3vinhood Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/romes-exorcist-finding-bl.-john-paul-ii-effective-against-satan/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+catholicnewsagency%2Fdailynews-vatican+%28CNA+Daily+News+-+Vatican%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Quote:Not surprisingly, ‘Jesus Christ’ is the name Fr. Amorth most often calls upon to expel demons. But he also turns to saintly men and women for their heavenly assistance. Interestingly, he said that in recent years one man – Blessed Pope John Paul II – has proved to be a particularly powerful intercessor.

“I have asked the demon more than once, ‘Why are you so scared of John Paul II and I have had two different responses, both interesting. One, ‘because he disrupted my plans.’ And, I think that he is referring to the fall of communism in Russia and Eastern Europe. The collapse of communism.”

Thoughts?  Shrug

So what was the other response?

"He did more damage to the credibilty of Church than I managed in 2000 years!  I'm a proud angelic spirit and I can't stand a show-off"
(05-29-2011, 03:49 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2011, 11:02 PM)K3vinhood Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/romes-exorcist-finding-bl.-john-paul-ii-effective-against-satan/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+catholicnewsagency%2Fdailynews-vatican+%28CNA+Daily+News+-+Vatican%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Quote:Not surprisingly, ‘Jesus Christ’ is the name Fr. Amorth most often calls upon to expel demons. But he also turns to saintly men and women for their heavenly assistance. Interestingly, he said that in recent years one man – Blessed Pope John Paul II – has proved to be a particularly powerful intercessor.

“I have asked the demon more than once, ‘Why are you so scared of John Paul II and I have had two different responses, both interesting. One, ‘because he disrupted my plans.’ And, I think that he is referring to the fall of communism in Russia and Eastern Europe. The collapse of communism.”

Thoughts?  Shrug

"He did more damage to the credibilty of Church than I managed in 2000 years!  I'm a proud angelic spirit and I can't stand a show-off"

LOL Way to go! LOL
(05-29-2011, 03:49 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]

Thoughts?  Shrug

The other response is in the next paragraph: "“Another response that he gave me, ‘because he pulled so many young people from my hands.’ There are so many young people who, thanks to John Paul II, were converted. Perhaps some were already Christian but not practicing, but then with John Paul II they came back to the practice. ‘He pulled so many young people out of my hands.’”

C.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13