FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rome’s exorcist finding Bl. John Paul II effective against Satan.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/r...t=My+Yahoo

Quote:Not surprisingly, ‘Jesus Christ’ is the name Fr. Amorth most often calls upon to expel demons. But he also turns to saintly men and women for their heavenly assistance. Interestingly, he said that in recent years one man – Blessed Pope John Paul II – has proved to be a particularly powerful intercessor.

“I have asked the demon more than once, ‘Why are you so scared of John Paul II and I have had two different responses, both interesting. One, ‘because he disrupted my plans.’ And, I think that he is referring to the fall of communism in Russia and Eastern Europe. The collapse of communism.”

Thoughts?  Shrug

Who in his sane mind believes what a demon says?
(05-17-2011, 11:11 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Who in his sane mind believes what a demon says?

Exactly my thoughts, but I just figured the chief exorcist knows more about exorcisms than me.  Shrug
(05-17-2011, 11:16 PM)K3vinhood Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2011, 11:11 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Who in his sane mind believes what a demon says?

Exactly my thoughts, but I just figured the chief exorcist knows more about exorcisms than me.  Shrug

Sure.

But that doesn't mean Fr. Amorth is free of bias or that he can't make an error of judgement. And I have a huge deal of respect for this man, mind you.
judgment
(05-17-2011, 11:53 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]judgment

See here.
Let us not forget that even Fr. Malachi Martin stated that John Paul II was not willing to acquiesce to all of the Modernist's wishes.  He stood firm on several moral issues like contraception and abortion.  He was hated by the infiltrators for that as well as the fact that he wanted to end Communist rule in the USSR.  The demons, along with their infiltrators, would find that JPII had thwarted some of their attempts to destroy every last teaching and grace of the Church.

This is by no means a sign that John Paul II should be canonized nor that the Church which he shaped is not rotten to the core.
(05-17-2011, 11:59 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]This is by no means a sign that John Paul II should be canonized nor that the Church which he shaped is not rotten to the core.

Benedict XVI disagrees with you:

Quote:"I have before my eyes in particular the testimony of Pope John Paul II. He leaves a Church that is more courageous, freer, more youthful. She is a Church which, in accordance with his teaching and example, looks serenely at the past and is not afraid of the future."

- First message of His Holiness Benedict XVI at the end of the Eucharistic concelebration with the members of the College of Cardinals in the Sistine Chapel, Wednesday, 20 April 2005.

Link
Fr Amorth was very outspoken in his displeasure of the new rite of exorcism. He said it was basically useless.
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...c=664607.0

How he's worked around it, I dunno. But I find it hard to believe Fr Amorth would say this about JPII  if he didn't truly believe it.  Exorcism is serious stuff.

We can say souls were lost because of some of the things JPII did and said, and all the usual things mentioned upset me as much as anyone. But I feel that God would never damn a soul for being mislead by the Bishop of Rome. Listening to the pope is a traditional thing to do. Just because the average Catholic may not see the contradiction between Doctrine and Assisi, the Catholic who buys it out of ignorance has done nothing wrong. He/she hasn't sinned for believing a pope.
I think most people here would agree that JPII should not be canonized however i do believe the man to have died a Saint. That is not to say that I agree with everything he did in his life however I have to at least observed how he died and to me he died a Martyrs death.

For those that just dont care about what I said above look at least he he wasn't Paul VI.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13