FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Mary ever talk against contraception or abortion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It occurs to me that I've never heard the Holy Mother mention the evils of contraception and abortion in any apparition/visitation/message.

I'm pro-life, anti contraception.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not going anywhere with this, other than asking the question in the thread title.
(05-28-2011, 03:02 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: [ -> ]It occurs to me that I've never heard the Holy Mother mention the evils of contraception and abortion in any apparition/visitation/message.

I'm pro-life, anti contraception.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not going anywhere with this, other than asking the question in the thread title.

Of course sha has:  "Most souls go to hell because of the sins of the flesh and there are few who pray for them." (Message to the children at Fatima).  Her messages in her apparitions are always about prayer, especially the Rosary, for the salvation souls.  This is a reiteration of the Church's raison d'etre and her supreme law, salus animarum est, the salvation of souls.  I don't think that the Church has wavered in this commission and mandate, her constant opposition to contraception and abortion, as other "christian" churches are and have been doing since the Anglican Lambeth Conference in 1930 allowed the use of artificial contraception and everybody else fell in line, including the Orthodoxes, except the Catholic Church.  Abortion is the issue of failed contraception.
Hardly the answer the OP was looking for...because while we assume it...others will not.  The question is more...Does Mary say anything directly about...?

See the problem with giving answers like this is that often people are wrong about what such general statements mean....the Fatima thing is a great example of this....where lots of folks have mistakenly taken the word fashions to mean anything they might not approve of as far as cloths....when in reality it is proably something entirely differnt.
(05-28-2011, 09:02 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]Hardly the answer the OP was looking for...because while we assume it...others will not.  The question is more...Does Mary say anything directly about...?

Thanks.  Yes, does she speak directly about these issues at any point with anyone?
I know it's not the answer to the OP, but in a way her whole life was an example of seeing through an almost unwanted or controversial pregnancy and see what a blessing the fruit of her womb became for the whole world in the end. The BVM whole role in the life,death,and Resurrection of Jesus is paramount in the pro-life message.

What better example is there?
(05-28-2011, 10:20 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's not the answer to the OP, but in a way her whole life was an example of seeing through an almost unwanted or controversial pregnancy and see what a blessing the fruit of her womb became for the whole world in the end. The BVM whole role in the life,death,and Resurrection of Jesus is paramount in the pro-life message.

Here,here! Very well written!
Remember also when Mary went to see her cousin Isabel, Mary was very, very happy of Isabel's pregnancy. She did not even worry that Isabel was at a very advanced age (at the time) to be pregnant.
Another example of Mary's Pro-Life stance.
One of the main differences between Catholics and protestants is that we Catholics aren't sola scritura, but by works also.
By Mary's deeds do we know she was super pro-life.
(05-28-2011, 03:02 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: [ -> ]It occurs to me that I've never heard the Holy Mother mention the evils of contraception and abortion in any apparition/visitation/message.

Not that I know of.

It is unlikely, given how clearly those things are opposed by the Church.
(05-28-2011, 10:20 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's not the answer to the OP, but in a way her whole life was an example of seeing through an almost unwanted or controversial pregnancy and see what a blessing the fruit of her womb became for the whole world in the end. The BVM whole role in the life,death,and Resurrection of Jesus is paramount in the pro-life message.

Damn...Aleric waxing poetic...who knew?  That's twice in 12 hours.....
(05-28-2011, 10:51 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]

Here,here! Very well written!
Remember also when Mary went to see her cousin Isabel, Mary was very, very happy of Isabel's pregnancy. She did not even worry that Isabel was at a very advanced age (at the time) to be pregnant.
Another example of Mary's Pro-Life stance.
One of the main differences between Catholics and protestants is that we Catholics aren't sola scritura, but by works also.
By Mary's deeds do we know she was super pro-life.
In addition to the story of The Visitation was the verse where St. John The Baptist "Leaped for joy" and was filled with the Holy Ghost. This verse always confirmed me in my belief that there was a baby in a mothers womb, not just a fetus, that was the use of language the pro-death people used years ago, that it wasn't really a life formed yet, just a bundle of cells and protoplasm so they could lessen the effect of the abortion of "not really killing" anything in terminating a pregnancy.

They (pro-death lobby) were so wrong.........Not a baby? Not a living being? just a "fetus"?

Wrong on all accountants.........! There was a baby in Elisabeth's womb, not a fetus, a person, his name was John the Baptist........Don't call it a "fetus"!

Fetuses don't leap for joy.
(05-29-2011, 06:10 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]

Damn...Aleric waxing poetic...who knew?   That's twice in 12 hours.....
When you start speaking of Blessed Mother and abortion you bring out the best in me...........or the worst. Smile
Pages: 1 2