FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: No additional Latin Masses says Archbishop - Universae Ecclesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well folks, here in the UK I've already applied to the local parish priests and had my request rejected. My family just isn't enough of a 'stable group.'

"I have no intention of ever saying a Mass in Latin either in public or private. Phone St. Catherines Stanifield Lane Farington 01772 421174"

Nice, Father!

I then went to the Archbishop and argued back & forth - all in writing of course - & all the Latin masses we have are what we'll get.

He still thinks travelling outside the parish boundaries is ok. Is this generous provision? Not to me it ain't.

Until my family can ask and have the Latin Mass in the local parish to fulfill the Sunday Obligation, wherever we may be, for all practical reality the Latin Mass has in no way been liberated, freed or expanded in any way.

I asked what a 'stable group' meant and he simply did not answer the question.

Universae Ecclesia doesn't apply here I guess.

Onward and upward ... the battle continues ...

In JC
Jason
www.christianbookstoday.com

'Until my family can ask and have the Latin Mass in the local parish to fulfill the Sunday Obligation, wherever we may be, for all practical reality the Latin Mass has in no way been liberated, freed or expanded in any way.'

I feel the same way.  My diocese is rural and distances between parishes are great.  So it would have to be in my own parish.
And welcome to the forum.
Just in case you haven't seen this:

http://stlouiscatholic.blogspot.com/2011...se-to.html
I am blessed to have a traditional parish <2 miles away from me. I am usually able to make it to Mass at least three times a week; sometimes more depending on work schedule. Please know that you will specifically be in all my intentions for you have the Mass of all Time.
Jason, I agree that you should be accomodated in your own territorial parish.  Assuming that your family is large and the congregation is small, I would say that you should qualify as a coetus fidelium under Summorum Pontificum and Universae Ecclesiae.

But let me ask you something.  Do you really want the traditional Mass -- this most precious of jewels -- in the hands of someone who is incredibly resentful about having to offer it?  Can you imagine what that might look like?

I would understand your persistence if there is no traditional Mass, or a friendlier pastor, within a reasonable driving distance.  Otherwise, I think you should be careful what you wish for.

Now, Universae Ecclesiae provides that people from a number of different parishes, or even different dioceses, may request the traditional Mass at a given parish.  Why not find a pastor close by who is friendly to the idea, and competent (ideonus), and organize with others to approach him and direct your efforts toward a traditional Mass at his parish?  You will have a Mass well-said by someone who loves it . . . and who loves you!

:awww:
The great men and women of the Church must be spinning in their graves.

I am lucky enough to only have a 45 minute drive to worry about. In all other respects, I am exceedingly lucky to have a Tridentine Mass within driving distance. I wish every Catholic could be at least so lucky.

Those who refuse to offer or permit the Tridentine Mass cannot but be suspected of being anti-tradition and enemies of the pre-VII Church. There is no other rational explanation for their obstinate behavior. And most certainly, no excuse.
The Institute of Christ the King SP is just beginning its apostolate in England.  Hopefully they'll be in your area eventually.
My advise, write to Rome and don't mess with these people any more. The more Rome becomes aware of the problem the sooner the problem will be addressed.

Keep up the good fight.
Well, evidently Ecc. Dei. can now overrule the bishop.  Send them an appeal.

I don't know how this would work on a practical matter however.  If a priest doesn't know how to say the Mass, what can you do?  I'd still send an appeal to Rome to at least make life miserable for this bishop.
I would try to find other people in the area who would say they were interested too, it might give you more ammo.
Pages: 1 2 3