FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Awesome stuff from Rome: The council, the liturgy and the reform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
For all of you who slammed me for supporting Card. Koch as an improvement on Card Kasper the friendly ghost I would like to say in your face.

So preatty much this is day two of a conference happening in Rome regarding Summorun Pontificum which includes four very high profile guests headed by Card. Llovera who comes across as the man that wants to save the NO from the dust bin of history to which it is headed at any cost and his remarks make that all the more clear. Then you have the infamous (which in this case means more than famous) Bishop Schneider who needs to be in Europe with a red hat, may be Mainz, anybody? Then you have somebody I have never heard of but seems to be of the right mind Bishop Aillet of Bayone, France. And then you have Card. Koch who once again puts the smack down on the modernist tea toddling ecumenism of giving away the store. 

http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...um_30.html

This is almost becoming cliche but this stuff would never have happened under JPII at least not openly.
(05-30-2011, 04:46 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]For all of you who slammed me for supporting Card. Koch as an improvement on Card Kasper the friendly ghost I would like to say in your face.

So preatty much this is day two of a conference happening in Rome regarding Summorun Pontificum which includes four very high profile guests headed by Card. Llovera who comes across as the man that wants to save the NO from the dust bin of history to which it is headed at any cost and his remarks make that all the more clear. Then you have the infamous (which in this case means more than famous) Bishop Schneider who needs to be in Europe with a red hat, may be Mainz, anybody? Then you have somebody I have never heard of but seems to be of the right mind Bishop Aillet of Bayone, France. And then you have Card. Koch who once again puts the smack down on the modernist tea toddling ecumenism of giving away the store. 

This is almost becoming cliche but this stuff would never have happened under JPII at least not openly.

Interesting to see some serious discussion of restoring minor orders.
(05-30-2011, 05:17 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2011, 04:46 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]For all of you who slammed me for supporting Card. Koch as an improvement on Card Kasper the friendly ghost I would like to say in your face.

Interesting to see some serious discussion of restoring minor orders.

Yes, absolutely delightful:

Quote:In the kingdom of Christ, there can be no race or contest for “power” in the act of Divine Worship; all must be filled with a spirit of humility and self-denial. His Excellency concluding by stating that we should ask the grace from God that the Holy Father issue a motu proprio to restore the minor orders in accord with the traditional discipline still maintained by the oriental Churches. (This statement was followed by thunderous applause.) No council, and certainly not Vatican II, ever asked for the abolition of the minor orders, or for any change to their arrangement or nature. Such a motu proprio would be a necessary compliment to Summorum Pontificum, a gift to the Church, and an enhancement of the sacred character of the liturgy.

Perhaps following this motu proprio, we can gather for a great Fisheaters party.  The highlight of the night will be Harlequin King publicly burning Ministeria Quaedam.

I was reading the article online.
here is a quote from it :
Quoting a Muslim who said that if Christians really believed in the Real Presence, they would prostrate themselves before it.

That is what I have always said about the NO. Nobody kneels anymore... only twice, and that's about it.
Just shows if they really believe in the Real Presence.  uh huh

LOL

This is why I love these forums...

GET'EM UNUM SINT!
(05-30-2011, 05:53 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]Quoting a Muslim who said that if Christians really believed in the Real Presence, they would prostrate themselves before it.

This is the problem with pews.  In properly set up Eastern parishes (no pews)  we still prostrate for the consecration.  If Latins would take the pews out, you could properly prostrate yourself for the consecration, and even prostrate yourself as you go up to receive the Eucharist.  How beautiful would that be!
(05-30-2011, 06:32 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2011, 05:53 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]Quoting a Muslim who said that if Christians really believed in the Real Presence, they would prostrate themselves before it.

This is the problem with pews.  In properly set up Eastern parishes (no pews)  we still prostrate for the consecration.  If Latins would take the pews out, you could properly prostrate yourself for the consecration, and even prostrate yourself as you go up to receive the Eucharist.  How beautiful would that be!

I think you just blew some minds with the concept of no pews.
(05-30-2011, 06:37 PM)Azurestone Wrote: [ -> ]

I guess it would show if some Latins are more attached to kneeling than they are to whom the reverence of kneeling is given.
(05-30-2011, 06:42 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2011, 06:37 PM)Azurestone Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah pews . . .  There are some NO parishes without pews at all.  Getting NO Catholics to kneel without padding takes work . . .  Prostration is a tall order.

I guess it would show if some Latins are more attached to kneeling than they are to whom the reverence of kneeling is given.
In many cultures, people bow down to their Kings. Don't look em in the eyes, etc.
In the NO (forget the space needed to prostrate) just show some  f@#! respect and kneel from the consecration of the host until the the recommencement of Mass. He is, by the way, just, you know, The King of Kings.
It is very sad that even Trads try to "deflect" those critical key issues that there is with the NO laity. This issue is one of them.
Again, if even the priest really knew about the Real presence, he would ORDER EVERYONE to kneel before Christ.

The above are non-disputable and unfortunate facts within the Novus Ordo people. (I can't say the mass, because it is up to the laity to know when to humble themselves and show some fu@#$!# respect!!).
I am sorry that I am upset and angry. Forgive my french also.  
But I think this is my no 1 viewing objection when I watch the NO mass. (on a tv snippet, or photo).

As St. John Crysostom said:  "He who is not angry where he has cause to be, sins."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5