FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Burke Withdraws from London Confer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know what this means exactly???

"Daphne McLeod, chairman of Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice, said that Cardinal Burke had been informed by “several devout and faithful people” that his speaking at the conference would be divisive because Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice “are too outspoken and don’t have respect for the bishops”.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2011/06/card-burk...st-minute/
So His Eminence would not confront the rebels?
They had no respect for Christ too, in Nazareth, and he did not go back there.

This is sad to hear about.
These "couple" of dissidents need to be horsewhipped.
The high ranking Freemasons at the Vatican told ++Burke not to attend as to not "offend" the dissenters?? Is that what I'm getting at????????

So sad and so enraging at the same time. >:(
The good Card. is simply picking his battles. If he were to go about everywhere he needed to talk sense to Bishops he would never spend any time in Rome.
(06-01-2011, 08:17 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]The good Card. is simply picking his battles. If he were to go about everywhere he needed to talk sense to Bishops he would never spend any time in Rome.

Great point.
I have heard it said that there are no politics like Church politics.  Even in this bizarre modern age of ultra secular statism, I believe this former statement to be true.

This isn't anything new of course; by the nature of things, something as precious as the College of Cardinals will come with very delicate dealings.  However, it is tragic that in our times those delicate dealings usually are not so much related to management of relations between powerful royal courts, but instead relates to the basic aspects of the Faith.

It's not for me to judge the action of the Cardinal.  We have to keep in mind that he is a real candidate to succeed Pope Benedict and so Cardinal Burke will exhibit some caution before doing things that will alienate future voters in the Conclave.

The reality is that the restoration of the Church will be mostly bottom up fueled by those devoted TLM goers.  Specifically, those who follow through with the externals of the Tridentine Rite and apply the authentic faith to their whole life.  Since the masses of apostate Catholics will have contracepted and aborted themselves out of the future, within about 10-20 years, the Church will be dominated by Traditionalists.  Old, liberal Vatican II devotees will wake up to find they are performing at an empty, decrepit hall.

(NB: I'm not saying I think Cardinal Burke will be the next Pope.  This is not a topic I dwell on.)