FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Question on finding an out of print Catholic biography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Question on finding an out of print Catholic book by a German priest who was sent to the gulag in Siberia.

No, it is not Fr. Ciscek (sp) and not "Christ in Dachau" it is someone less known.  Since i don't know the writer or the name of the book

and haven't had any success in google i am stuck.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
How do u know of it?
So
sip
u are asking if anyone can help u find an out of print book. Of which u do not know the title or author nor where or when in published?
(though  from the known subject a cstholic priest sent to the gulag we know it's the last 60 or so years give or take a red )
sip
is thavhat you are  asking ?
(06-03-2011, 11:10 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]How do u know of it?

Well read it many years ago.  So yes it is probably written in the 50s, d.k.

It was translated into english, quite fascinating biography and probably
more brutal than even "Christ in Dachau".  The German priest often spoke of his dissertation on one of the Greek fathers, he had
the manuscript and was afraid of losing it.  Anyways thanks for asking.
Was it written in German?
Do youn rememeber the publisher?
do u remember anyhing Else about it?
(not he physical object as in the  bindings or or condition) I'm asking you to remember something that can aid us in tracking it down.
(06-03-2011, 11:49 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Was it written in German?
Do youn rememeber the publisher?
do u remember anyhing Else about it?
(not he physical object as in the  bindings or or condition) I'm asking you to remember something that can aid us in tracking it down.

Unfortunately,  can't recall much.  Could have been S&W?  Not much details, he was not a real heroic type and admits it as such.  Painted a real
vivid image of the gulag from the eyes of a priest and post war in Germany.  Sorry can't recall more.
Ok. How did u come to read it?
Was the priest secular or religous?
How did he leave rhe gulag?

(06-04-2011, 12:09 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Was the priest secular or religous?
How did he leave rhe gulag?

Secular priest.  Very intellectual type (ie. worrying over his manuscript) with glasses.  Can't recall the reason for his release. Had to be
something of a miracle.  He described the gulag barrack scene as one of the worst cases of all the concentration camps that i have read -
found the book at a retreat long ago.