FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Goodbye, Father Lockwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Father Lockwood, my priest, a man who has provided Orthodox spiritual formation, theological education, and Traditional Mass, is leaving the Archdiocese of St. Louis for the Diocese of Kansas to assist Bishop Finn as a vocations director, and will take over a southern KC parish just vacated by a priest accused of sexual misconduct.

I will miss Father, and I pray God will continue to use him to bless others to the west of us as he has been a blessing to us.

Go with God, Father Lockwood.

(06-06-2011, 11:14 PM)CyberSaint Wrote: [ -> ]Father Lockwood, my priest, a man who has provided Orthodox spiritual formation, theological education, and Traditional Mass, is leaving the Archdiocese of St. Louis for the Diocese of Kansas to assist Bishop Finn as a vocations director, and will take over a southern KC parish just vacated by a priest accused of sexual misconduct.

I will miss Father, and I pray God will continue to use him to bless others to the west of us as he has been a blessing to us.

Go with God, Father Lockwood.

I am sorry for your loss but it seems to be Kansas gain, to be a vocation director will on ensure that more Traditionalist minded vocations will spring up.  :pray:
Agreed  we need orthodox priests as vocations directors and running our seminaries ,that is of the utmost importance.
(06-07-2011, 12:19 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed  we need orthodox priests as vocations directors and running our seminaries ,that is of the utmost importance.

Right.  If traditional priests are becoming vocations directors or seminary rectors, that is a very good thing.  Bishop Finn is very good, from what I've heard.
(06-06-2011, 11:50 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry for your loss but it seems to be Kansas gain, to be a vocation director will on ensure that more Traditionalist minded vocations will spring up.  :pray:

Unfortunately for Kansas, Bishop Finn is Bishop of Kansas City, MISSOURI! Archbishop Naumann of Kansas City in Kansas is good, but Bishop Finn is solid!!!
Good to know. Thanks, all.

I hope his replacement at our parish continues the tradition of orthodox spiritual formation and Latin Mass.  :pray:
Update: St. Elizabeth of Hungary will be receiving Msgr. Cronin as our new priest. I have been told he wants to continue the TLM there, and that he is a solid, orthodox priest.

To me, this sounds terrific, and it gives me hope that maybe we can stay here and have both TLM and also traditional spiritual formation.

Does anyone here have any other insight on him?
Hi, all.

I have just been informed the TLM would not be continued at St. Elizabeth.

There is more to this, but charity and humility limit what I may write.

Please pray for us refugees.  :pray:
(07-04-2011, 12:00 AM)CyberSaint Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, all.

I have just been informed the TLM would not be continued at St. Elizabeth.

There is more to this, but charity and humility limit what I may write.

Please pray for us refugees.  :pray:

This is certainly distressing and look forward for clarity to be made in this situation.
Well, there's always St. Francis.  I don't think the girl chancellor has gotten around to closing that yet.
Pages: 1 2