FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Koran reading in Catholic Church *canceled*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WHAT IN THE HELL?
Quote:"On June 7, Father Earl announced the cancellation of the event; he said that he had been unaware that 2004 Vatican instruction Redemptionis Sacramentum forbade such readings."

What's worth noticing here is that "Father Earl" needed an instruction to stop this travesty from happening.

He probably still thinks it's ok to read the Koran during Mass.

Priest, where is thy faith?

(06-11-2011, 04:59 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:"On June 7, Father Earl announced the cancellation of the event; he said that he had been unaware that 2004 Vatican instruction Redemptionis Sacramentum forbade such readings."

What's worth noticing here is that "Father Earl" needed an instruction to stop this travesty from happening.

He probably still thinks it's ok to read the Koran during Mass.

Priest, where is thy faith?

Yes that is pretty pathetic.  But better he respond to an instruction than go ahead with the Koran-reading!
(06-11-2011, 04:59 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]WHAT IN THE HELL?

You must have missed the earlier thread about this Church, where the pastor was going to have the Koran read (by an Imam I think!) as some sort of interreligious blah blah and so on.
Did he kiss the Koran before he read it?
(06-11-2011, 05:15 PM)Thomas58 Wrote: [ -> ]Did he kiss the Koran before he read it?

No Koran was actually read.

Nevertheless, it's not customary for an Imam to kiss it before reading from it, as far as I know.
So he only cancelled it because of a document written in 2004...?  And if that hadn't been written, he would have ignored all of Christian history and gone ahead with thie crap?  Awesome.
(06-11-2011, 05:19 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2011, 05:15 PM)Thomas58 Wrote: [ -> ]Did he kiss the Koran before he read it?

Nevertheless, it's not customary for an Imam to kiss it before reading from it, as far as I know.

I actually wonder, ironically, if "orthodox Muslims" would approve of kissing the Koran.  They are fairly simplistic and extreme in their idea of what constitutes the worship of idols, and perhaps kissing a copy of the Koran would violate this?
(06-11-2011, 10:05 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2011, 05:19 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

I actually wonder, ironically, if "orthodox Muslims" would approve of kissing the Koran.  They are fairly simplistic and extreme in their idea of what constitutes the worship of idols, and perhaps kissing a copy of the Koran would violate this?

Are you saying that when Pope John Paul II kissed the Koran, he actually meant to subtly insult them?  :o
Pages: 1 2