FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What's your favorite liturgical time of the year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You can change your vote on this poll, btw.

It may sound a bit boring, but as for Me, I really like that big long stretch of Ordinary Time between Lent and Advent. It's really the most laid back time, right? Of course I love the big feast days and the time leading up to them too, but it's so much running around and work preparing. I like that simple time when life is a little less hectic and the kids and I can go to the pool, or I can have a little more time with my husband. His work schedule usually slows down a bit then, too.  :)
My first thought was summertime, Ordinary time, when there's not much going on. It's just a great time of the year period.

But for actual liturgy and the life of the Church, Advent is my favorite. There's just so much excitement and nostalgia that revolves around Advent. It isn't topped at any other time of the year.

Lent is tough. It might sound weird but I think I would like Lent more if it were at a different time of year. I LOVE Tenebrae but it's the worst time of year, Feb/Mar, when everyone is at their wits end and depressed to start with because they've been dealing with winter for months and bam! let's add more negative to the pot. Maybe I'll handle Lent better when I move to Florida in old age.

Lent. It is the most focusing time.
I really enjoy (is that the right word?) Lent, but you can't beat Easter.
Summertime is my favorite time of year in general, but my "favorite liturgical time of the year" is probably Christmas.  Absolutely love Christmas.  With Easter/Paschaltide being a close second.  I like Lent, but in a different way; it's not like I enjoy it, but I am glad to have a chance, with the help of the Church, to do some penance, which I am so bad at.  And a good chance to focus on the Passion.  Unlike wallflower, I actually like when it comes; it's kind of a blah time of year anyway, so probably the easiest time of year to do penance. 
I thought "ordinary time" technically didn't exist under the old calendar?

I am not sure if "favorite" is the right word, but Lent can be a very powerful season. 
(06-11-2011, 07:59 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought "ordinary time" technically didn't exist under the old calendar?

It isn't called that, but the time period exists.
I voted for Lent, and I like the long Ordinary Time (between Pentecost and Advent) next.
(06-11-2011, 08:02 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2011, 07:59 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought "ordinary time" technically didn't exist under the old calendar?

Yeah, the "green" time. Whatever.  :)
(06-11-2011, 08:31 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2011, 08:02 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, the "green" time. Whatever.  :)

I thought it was called the "Period after Pentecost"?
Pages: 1 2