FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Oratory of Sts Gregory and Augustine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am seriously considering worshiping at one of St. Louis' oratories, the Oratory of Sts Gregory and Augustine. We had been at a motu Mass these past few years, but I am coming to the conclusion that this may not be feasible for much longer.

Has anyone been a part of the community at the Oratory of Sts Gregory and Augustine? Or, has anyone hear things about it?

What are your thoughts on this place?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Would you give us a link to the website?
www.benedictineoratory.com

They mention a "dialogue Mass," but I thought those prayers were supposed to be said by only the clergy. That's one initial concern of mine.

Anyone have any thoughts on this place?

Why don't you talk to the priest/pastor about your concerns?  That's a beautiful oratory and you're very blessed to have that as an option
Personally, I have never been to the Oratory, but I know a few people who go there, and certainly haven't heard anything bad about it.  I go to St. Francis de Sales, myself.  As far as a Dialogue Mass is concerned, wasn't that permitted as an option in the 1922?  I can find out what their exact practices are and get back to you about it, if you'd like. Smile

I suspect I know what your situation is, as far as feasibility goes.  I was the new M.C. at yesterday's Mass -- if that means something to you, then I'm correct; if not, then disregard this! Wink

In Christo Rege,
    -Steven
(06-13-2011, 11:29 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I have never been to the Oratory, but I know a few people who go there, and certainly haven't heard anything bad about it.  I go to St. Francis de Sales, myself.  As far as a Dialogue Mass is concerned, wasn't that permitted as an option in the 1922?  I can find out what their exact practices are and get back to you about it, if you'd like. Smile

I suspect I know what your situation is, as far as feasibility goes.  I was the new M.C. at yesterday's Mass -- if that means something to you, then I'm correct; if not, then disregard this! Wink

Would you please investigate that for me?

Yep, I believe I met you there. I was pleased with your help, by the way. Thanks again.

I look forward to discovering what you find out!