FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: St. Anthony answered prayers stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a new blog just starting up, with stories of how prayers for St. Anthony's intersession have been answered:

http://saintanthonylostandfound.blogspot.com/

I was actually thinking of starting the 13 Tuesdays in honor of St. Anthony, though I haven't had much particular devotion to him yet.
St Anthony's done some cool things I've seen personally. You know how most times you don't see God's hand/intercession until after the fact, when hindsight is 20/20? I've got a couple stories where you could literally see St Anthony's intercession working right in the moment, it was amazing, and humbling. He's good.
What are your St. Anthony stories? As you have time, of course...
The St. Anthony novena ends today (feast day tomorrow), and I have been praying it for my younger son who is named after the saint.  I haven't had a great devotion to this saint, but I always like a good excuse to pray for my wife and children so I thought this would be a good one for my Anton.  He just turned three a couple months ago.  He can be very stubborn and willful, but I have noticed, since starting the novena, that even when being willful and grumpy he's been more open to correction, says "no" less frequently and says "yes daddy/mommy" more readily.

I have more of a devotion to St. Joseph and St. Benedict from whom I have received many miraculous and "coincidental" helps and answers to prayers.
I know that at my husband's job (he works for a school district) the supervisor couldn't find the master key for all the district buildings. He pulled my husband and is partner into the office to question them if they had it (since they were the last to see it) My husband's partner automatically said no he hadn't seen it whil my husband tore everything apart (the car, searched every pocket, etc) even though he knew he had given it to his partner before they got back to their supervisor. So, my husband told his supervisor that he would take the heat for it being lost. Well that night I told my husband to ask for St. Anthony's help that the key might be found. The next day my husband's partner asked both him and the supervisor for a minute and apologized and said that it was in his pocket and it went through the wash and he gave the key to the supervisor. The supervisor asked why my husband would take the blame if he knew he didn't have the key. My husband said it was a matter of responsibility because of him and his partner being a team. So my husband said thank you St. Anthony out loud in front of the other two and they gave him an odd look, but my husband made it a moment to share our faith so everything was ok in the end.  ;D
Saint Anthony got my mother one of the best jobs ever.

After working at a clinic for ten years her hours where cut in half and then cut even more.  She had to go to a staffing agency for about three or four months and all the while she and I were praying to Saint Anthony the day came (on a Tuesday!) that she got the call from job she wanted to get.  She has better benefits and a securer place now then she had back at the old job AND they'll pay for her college if she wants to be a nurse or doctor. 

Anthony is powerful!
The first time I ever asked St. Anthony to pray for me was when I had lost my car keys in a move to a different state.  I not only found them, but along with them my missing wedding ring, a rosary from a friend, and $20.  ;D
Prayer to Find What Is Lost
St. Anthony, when you prayed, your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. Pray now for all of us who have lost things precious and dear. Pray for all who have lost faith, hope or the friendship of God. Pray for us who have lost friends or relatives by death. Pray for all who have lost peace of mind or spirit. Pray that we may be given new hope, new faith, new love. Pray that lost things, needful and helpful to us, may be returned to our keeping. Or, if we must continue in our loss, pray that we may be given Christ’s comfort and peace. Amen.
I love this story from the St. Anthony blog, it is a classic St. Anthony story:

Lost Glasses

John and Bill Shaw are brothers, they are both Catholic priests, both
in their 80's, and inseparable.  A few years ago, they decided to take
the hiking trail up Mount Adams in Washington State. But about
two-thirds the way up the 12,281-foot climb, they were tired. So they
headed back down the mountain, arriving at the trailhead 10 hours
after their start. It was then they discovered that Fr. John Shaw had
left his eyeglasses on the trail, probably on a rock.
        Three days later, they ventured up the trail again to try to find the
glasses. They began to realize how futile their search might be, among
all the “nooks and crannies and rocks and snow...and all the people
who had been on that trail.”  They were about to give up when Fr. Bill
Shaw (“he’s such a man of prayer,” insists Fr. John) said: “We haven’t
prayed yet to St. Anthony.” St. Anthony who was very special to their
mother, and to them as well.  So they prayed. And as they finished the
prayer, they looked down at the ground. The glasses were there at their feet.
Pages: 1 2