FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Saint Anthony Relic Stolen!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/rel...76177.html

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — A 780-year-old religious relic of St. Anthony of Padua has been stolen, and parishioners at a Southern California Catholic church are praying to the patron saint of lost items and missing persons for its speedy return.

Please pray that the relic will be returned unharmed soon  :pray:
Edit: Posted inadvertantly and deleted.

ETA: May the relic be returned.
:pray:
I guess we have to pray to St. Anthony to return the St. Anthony relic?  ???
(06-14-2011, 12:28 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]I guess we have to pray to St. Anthony to return the St. Anthony relic?  ???

It is somewhat ironic; I hope that the confused person who walked off with the relic has already returned it/will return it. 
Yeah, I'll say...  irony abounds here, kingtheoden.  Who on earth would get it into their head that it's a good idea to steal a relic? I mean a fat lot of good it'll do you to steal a relic, ya know??!?!  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The thief must be an idiot or perhaps unstable. Not in their right mind, in any event. What good is a stolen relic? Perhaps this is some kind of a sick joke.

(06-14-2011, 05:09 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'll say...  irony abounds here, kingtheoden.  Who on earth would get it into their head that it's a good idea to steal a relic? I mean a fat lot of good it'll do you to steal a relic, ya know??!?!  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The thief must be an idiot or perhaps unstable. Not in their right mind, in any event. What good is a stolen relic? Perhaps this is some kind of a sick joke.

Ever heard the word 'ransom'? Doesn't just apply to people, eh?
(06-14-2011, 05:48 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2011, 05:09 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'll say...  irony abounds here, kingtheoden.  Who on earth would get it into their head that it's a good idea to steal a relic? I mean a fat lot of good it'll do you to steal a relic, ya know??!?!  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The thief must be an idiot or perhaps unstable. Not in their right mind, in any event. What good is a stolen relic? Perhaps this is some kind of a sick joke.

Ever heard the word 'ransom'? Doesn't just apply to people, eh?

I've heard the word before, yes. But are you saying the relic's going to be ransomed? That's so absurd. Why in all my life I've never heard of any such thing as a ransomed relic. They are Ransoming it? St. Anthony? Get out!  Nooooo.
Ransoming a relic, one of St. Anthony no less, could be a thief's motivation.  However it would likely be a dumb thief because the Church is not awash in cash, and what quarters do have plenty of money probably would not pay the ransom out of uninterest.  Who needs a relic of a Saint when you could build a demented new masonic-inspired church?

Jacafamala has it right in my view: the person who took it was not all there mentally.
(06-14-2011, 06:54 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2011, 05:48 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Ever heard the word 'ransom'? Doesn't just apply to people, eh?
I've heard the word before, yes. But are you saying the relic's going to be ransomed? That's so absurd. Why in all my life I've never heard of any such thing as a ransomed relic. They are Ransoming it? St. Anthony? Get out!  Nooooo.

The filcher will fence it in France
Where Paduans pay in advance
And Portuguese prelates,
Those Anthony zealots,
Will snatch it if given the chance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4