FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Two Swords; temporal and spiritual
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I happened on this talk, and it is about the title, but it shines a light on our current state of affairs. Through it you can understand better the current state of the "enlightenment governments" and power which the Holy See has and is required to exercise over it. It also is a window on to the current divisions in the Church through the examples of similar historical events. I'm not speaking Vatican II but say libertarians and distributists and Pope Leo XIII handled it. For anyone new to Tradition it'll give a pretty good overview of why the Enlightenment's separation of Church and State is dead wrong.

http://www.isoc.ws/home.html

click on the talk and listen,

tim
I had not known of that site--so thank you! :)
The talk was a little lengthy so will download to ipod but checked out the site and was delighted to find it associated with people like Michael Matt and Solange Hertz.
I've bookmarked it.
The pilgrimages do so much good--have you ever been?

<>

Unam Sanctam, Pope Boniface VIII
Played right in to your moniker didn't I "unam sanctam ecclesiam catholicam".

tim
(06-17-2011, 01:44 PM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]Played right in to your moniker didn't I "unam sanctam ecclesiam catholicam".

tim

Thanks for the air time.  ;D

I chose that username out of admiration for the simple truth found in the short Papal Bull. I think that simple truth has been lost somewhat of late, replaced by long winded, ambiguity and erroneousness.
Is it "safe" to listen to?
It's safe. I downloaded it and although for my tastes, it could have been edited to half the length without losing anything, it is a good contribution to the debate on exactly what the Church's temporal role is. The main thing I took away is his reference to St. Pius X's encyclical Il Fermo Proposito, which was one I didn't have and is worthwhile to read.
Sharpe tended to wander and didn't cover all of what was intended so there will be at least one follow up.
It is extremely interesting.  I'm just over half an hour in.  I must look further into trying to understand what Leo was saying.
Smurf, may I ask what did you mean by "safe" ?. Did you think I would post a dangerous talk aimed at ruining souls ?

tim
(06-17-2011, 02:36 PM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]Smurf, may I ask what did you mean by "safe" ?. Did you think I would post a dangerous talk aimed at ruining souls ?

tim

Nothing personal my friend.  But look at the ideas some people on this forum have and understand why I may be a little iffy :P..
Pages: 1 2