FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: something new at the Novus Ordo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I normally never go to the Novus Ordo, but today the TLM was not available where I live and I felt I needed to go to Mass on Sunday even if it was a NO Mass.
It has been many years since I was at the NO, but I thought I have seen all the crazy stuff before.
Except today I saw some new developments:
1) communion was given in the hand and the recipient was offered the chalice for intinction (dipping their host in the chalice themselves).
2) after communion a woman gets up to the pulpit and asks any newcomers to stand up and take a portable microphone and introduce themselves.
3) the priest sings the part of the offertory ("blessed be God forever" part), I had never heard sung before, in response to the choir, according to some modern style music.
4) no kneeling whatsoever during the whole mass (there were no kneelers at all).
5) the faithful were anything but reverent. They were chatting and shaking hands and laughing etc in the Church just before mass, and the choir members were practicing and having a gay-old time with complete lack of reverence for the Real Presence. Needless to say no one can pray to prepare themselves for mass.
All i can say is that this experience was just terrible. It could have been worse I suppose, (there were no altar girls) but it left me confused, angry, annoyed and sad.
I won't be returning to this place, though the priest seemed nice enough during confession (he is a Franciscan) this mass was just terrible.
I think from now on I wil stay home when there is no TLM available.
All i kept thinking was of the anonymous quote of a Vatican official I read somewhere saying "in 50 years the Novus Ordo will be dead"
Let it be Oh Lord, let it be.
Sounds like how I felt the last time i was at a NO which was a requiem mass. It was absolutely horrible and I couldn't spend any time focusing on prayer because I was so upset and angered at what was going on. I have a TLM available every Sunday so this wouldn't be a problem for me, but you might want to check out if there's an Eastern rite parish around. If you'd feel comfortable going there you can fulfill the obligation and also receive the sacrament. I definitely sympathize with you as I will never attend a NO ever again unless I have to for a funeral, etc.
(06-19-2011, 04:35 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]I normally never go to the Novus Ordo, but today the TLM was not available where I live and I felt I needed to go to Mass on Sunday even if it was a NO Mass.
It has been many years since I was at the NO, but I thought I have seen all the crazy stuff before.
Except today I saw some new developments:
1) communion was given in the hand and the recipient was offered the chalice for intinction (dipping their host in the chalice themselves).
2) after communion a woman gets up to the pulpit and asks any newcomers to stand up and take a portable microphone and introduce themselves.
3) the priest sings the part of the offertory ("blessed be God forever" part), I had never heard sung before, in response to the choir, according to some modern style music.
4) no kneeling whatsoever during the whole mass (there were no kneelers at all).
5) the faithful were anything but reverent. They were chatting and shaking hands and laughing etc in the Church just before mass, and the choir members were practicing and having a gay-old time with complete lack of reverence for the Real Presence. Needless to say no one can pray to prepare themselves for mass.
All i can say is that this experience was just terrible. It could have been worse I suppose, (there were no altar girls) but it left me confused, angry, annoyed and sad.
I won't be returning to this place, though the priest seemed nice enough during confession (he is a Franciscan) this mass was just terrible.
I think from now on I wil stay home when there is no TLM available.
All i kept thinking was of the anonymous quote of a Vatican official I read somewhere saying "in 50 years the Novus Ordo will be dead"
Let it be Oh Lord, let it be.

Tell the bishop about this.  I'm sorry you had to see that.
Points 1, 2, and 3 are all violations of the Novus Ordo's own rubrics. I believe the norms on kneeling are regional. I recall you saying you live in Korea?
Something new in the Novus Ordo - no way!

Each and every day the Novus Ordo takes one step away from Catholicism and one step toward Protestantism - it is almost all the way there now.  If the Church isn't restored within a couple of decades, the common New Mass will be exactly like an extremely liberal Protestant service (many already are).  We will see the laity performing the Consecration and priests will be on their way out - this is the long term goal of the N.O..

The grave abuses of the Novus Ordo Mass should be MORE than enough to keep any thinking, faithful Catholic away from it at all costs.  It is better to sit at home than to attend a Protestant Mass that offends God and even of questionable validity.
(06-19-2011, 09:59 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]Points 1, 2, and 3 are all violations of the Novus Ordo's own rubrics. I believe the norms on kneeling are regional. I recall you saying you live in Korea?

Yes I live in Korea....at least for a few more weeks....I am returning to Canada in mid-July, Deo-Gratias! after seven long years of exile.
This place is not good for one's physical or spiritual life.
(06-19-2011, 09:59 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]Points 1, 2, and 3 are all violations of the Novus Ordo's own rubrics. I believe the norms on kneeling are regional. I recall you saying you live in Korea?

I believe that the New Mass was designed with the idea in mind of it being intended to be abused.  The liberality of this rite actually promotes liberal actions - it wants priests and bishops to keep going one step further down the road of Protestantism and eventual apostasy - to keep pushing the envelope into eventual blanket acceptance of new liberal additions to the already liberal rite.  I just simply cannot get over how blind most modern Catholics truly are.  What the New Mass promotes is almost exactly what the Protestant Revolt demanded - what heretics like Thomas Cranmer demanded.  This new rite of Mass is a "throwback" to Cranmer's Mass - 500 years later he got what he was demanding.  Catholics are ill-informed and blinded by Modernist propaganda.  How can they not see that if it was wrong then - it is wrong now.  How can they not see what has happened to the Church since Vatican II.  This all goes to show that indeed a new religion was instituted within the official structure of the Church that falsely calls itself "Catholicism," - a false religion that is trying its best to snuff out true Catholicism by labeling any who uphold the ancient religion as "schismatic" or "disobedient."  The differences between what passed as Catholicism pre 1965 and post 1965 are absolutely night and day.
Another demonstration on why you should avoid the NO at all costs.

QED.
(06-19-2011, 10:19 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I live in Korea....at least for a few more weeks....I am returning to Canada in mid-July, Deo-Gratias! after seven long years of exile.
This place is not good for one's physical or spiritual life.

Haha, I now recall you didn't seem to be a fan of East Asian culture, or was it just Korea specifically? I was thinking of teaching English in Korea, though, among other possible Asian countries.
(06-19-2011, 10:55 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Another demonstration on why you should avoid the NO at all costs.

QED.

Using "QED" does not mean that the "proof" is current or even logical.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15