FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Reconnecting With My Patron Saint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to reconnect with my patron/confirmation saint, St. Joseph. I am looking for any info on him that I could find, even DVDs. Also does anyone know of resources or devotions to St. Joseph that are kind of aimed toward women? I am curious since I haven't found any for myself, it's always about the men  Sticking tongue out at you
The greatest devotion to Saint Joseph is devotion to Our Blessed Lady.
It is of course widely believed that St. Joseph, born with original sin, never committed actual sin.

The previous poster makes a great point. If you want to get close to St. Joseph, honor Our Lady without ceasing.

Here's a webpage that has some good information.

http://www.prayerbook.com/Devotions/Joseph/stjoseph.htm
(06-22-2011, 08:10 AM)gatewood1988 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to reconnect with my patron/confirmation saint, St. Joseph. I am looking for any info on him that I could find, even DVDs. Also does anyone know of resources or devotions to St. Joseph that are kind of aimed toward women? I am curious since I haven't found any for myself, it's always about the men   Sticking tongue out at you

I have felt close to St. Joseph for a long time.  At first, it was because I thought of him guiding my husband to be a good husband and father and so I was grateful to St. Joseph for that.  Then there was an incident where he helped me.  

My husband was at Scout camp as a leader along with several of our children, while I was home with the baby.  My husband called me to say that two of our children (about age 5 and 9) and another child had been lost in the woods.  The police had been called in and they were searching with helicopters.  When I put down the phone somehow I came upon a prayer card that I had been using as a book mark.  It just seemed to make its way to my hand.  I prayed the prayer to St. Joseph that was on it and felt a sense of connection to him.  It was if he told me to remember the time that the Child Jesus had been lost and then found in the Temple.  I had this sense that St Joseph was telling me that Jesus had been found in three days and that my children would be found in three hours.  This gave me great comfort and peace and the children were found about three hours later.

Rather than look for a prayer aimed at women, I suggest asking St. Joseph himself for help in connecting to him.  You could do a Novena to him with this as your intention.