FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Kasper Denies Suggestions of Schism Brewing in Germany
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cardinal Kasper Denies Suggestions of Schism Brewing in Germany
Editor: Cardinal Kasper also made controversial and encouraging statements earlier last week when he said that more people Communicated with the right intention before the Council than after translated here on Catholic Church Conservation.

The former Curial Cardinal considers the contention of Italian Vaticanista Tornielli about a threatened schism as a "hypothetical construction"

Bonn (kath.net/KAP) Cardinal Walter Kasper has rejected speculations about a threatened Church schism in Germany. Corresponding notions which appeared in "Focus" are also supposed to be in an alleged Vatican circulating dossier, which the long standing President of the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of Christian Unity, according to a report in the "Zeit" enclosure "Christ and World" this Tuesday, had described as "conspiracy theory" and "hypothetical constructions built up, combined with bits of information and other inadequacies."

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...ts-by.html
With even the slightest push from Rome, I think these schisms will come out into the open, sooner rather than later, and not just in Germany.  The 'progressive' wing has had enough.

I would like to see the Pope follow up on one of the proposals of the recent Rome summit before Cardinal Brandmuller's Mass, issue a Motu Propio restoring the minor orders of the priesthood, accompanied by legislation proscribing altar girls. 

There were rumours of Pope John Paul II rethinking the altar girl disaster near the end of his Pontificate, but he quickly gave up the idea under immense pressure.  If Pope Benedict did what was necessary and suppressed this travesty, I think it would make the schism open.
Other possible precipitating events:

1) Pope Benedict begins wearing the nice new tiara he was given.

2) The Pope offers Solemn Papal Mass in St. Peter's.

3) The Pope combines 1 and 2 by being carried into St. Peter's on the sedia gestatoria while wearing the tiara prior to the Solemn Papal Mass.

Bishop Fellay suggested in a talk that the Pope has not offered the old Mass because of threats of schism.  This rings true.  I cannot fathom any other reason for this.  But who knows how deep this schism might go?
JPII was supposed to have issued MP, but according to Malachi Martin and just about everyone else I've talked to, didn't do so because the French Bishops threatened to break away.  I suppose it was opportune since some of the big troublemakers have died by the time Benedict was elected.
It is already unofficially there.
the amount of liberal bishops retiring, the most prominent ones already have, combined with American and European anger at them for sex scandals (yeah lets follow the Bishop of Philadelphia and really show Rome up!)  makes any schism doubtful and in my mind laughable
Why do the Germans have to cause ALL the world's problems??

Sincerely,
England

Tomatoes
I have met many novus ordo priests who HATE latin and the old mass with a satanic passion. They hate what the Church was. It is palpable when you speak to them. I am firmly of the opinion that this Pope is a rare breed of modernist who does not hate the traditional mother who gave birth to him. Looks down on her condescendingly. Sees her as simple and backward. But does not hate her. Compared to most bishops that makes him a moderate. A conservative in their eyes.
He read the secret.  That's the difference.
(06-23-2011, 01:34 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]I have met many novus ordo priests who HATE latin and the old mass with a satanic passion. They hate what the Church was. It is palpable when you speak to them. I am firmly of the opinion that this Pope is a rare breed of modernist who does not hate the traditional mother who gave birth to him. Looks down on her condescendingly. Sees her as simple and backward. But does not hate her. Compared to most bishops that makes him a moderate. A conservative in their eyes.

Well put indeed, good sir.