FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Old Game: Rome Lets Itself be Extorted by the Left
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Old Game: Rome Lets Itself be Extorted by the Left
Editor: the talk of schism continues.

The Mainz Cardinal may continue his subversive activities.  by Katharina Faßschröder.

(kreuz.net) The President of the German Bishops Conference, Archbishop Robert  Zolitsch of Freiburg, supports the proposals of the Theologian Pamphlets.

He told this to the Old Liberal Theolgoians of the University of Freiburg at a meeting of the theological faculty.

The double-strategy of the Old Liberal German Bishops is public.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...orted.html
OK so the idea is that this Bishop is in favour of female deacons and Rome doesn't sack him because his diocese sends the Vatican a lot of money?
(06-22-2011, 01:12 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]OK so the idea is that this Bishop is in favour of female deacons and Rome doesn't sack him because his diocese sends the Vatican a lot of money?

Why don't you go drink a gallon of liquid drano?

I'm drawing a big red line around everything you write and avoiding it from now on.  You're just a nattering nannygoat.
(06-22-2011, 01:21 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2011, 01:12 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]OK so the idea is that this Bishop is in favour of female deacons and Rome doesn't sack him because his diocese sends the Vatican a lot of money?

Why don't you go drink a gallon of liquid drano?

I'm drawing a big red line around everything you write and avoiding it from now on.  You're just a nattering nannygoat.

I don't think that's fair. I read the article and I had an honest question about it. Why are you on a Catholic discussion forum if you behave in an un-Catholic manner (recommending suicide) and have terrible difficulty actually discussion anything with folks who disagree with you?

At any rate, re: drinking liquid Drano:
[red]Warnings: Poison: May be fatal or cause permanent damage if swallowed.
Acute Health Effects: Ingestion: May be fatal if swallowed. May cause severe damage to the digestive tract.
[/red]

The Bishops run the Church - to the point that the pope seems to pledge obedience them - FWIW.
(06-22-2011, 02:52 PM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]

The Bishops run the Church - to the point that the pope seems to pledge obedience them - FWIW.

So it's an example of Post-conciliar collegiality run riot, eh? I guess the problem is that in many cases the holy father is usig a strategy where he replaces problematic bishops at retirement instead of sacking them sooner.
(06-22-2011, 02:55 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2011, 02:52 PM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]

So it's an example of Post-conciliar collegiality run riot, eh? I guess the problem is that in many cases the holy father is usig a strategy where he replaces problematic bishops at retirement instead of sacking them sooner.

Bak, I am basing my reply on two things - 98% of my reply is based on personal experiences/observances over the last +45 years and 2% is confirmed based on Fr. Wathen's explanations. Not sure if 2% is enough for the good Padre  - perhaps for those who do not have the actual experience, they could rely 98% on him. 
So we'd need a scenario like at the end of The keys of this blood by Fr Malachi Martin where a Pope gets the courage to put the bishops back in their place and finally root out which ones are truly faithful to eternal Rome
(06-22-2011, 02:55 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]So it's an example of Post-conciliar collegiality run riot, eh? I guess the problem is that in many cases the holy father is usig a strategy where he replaces problematic bishops at retirement instead of sacking them sooner.

A pope actually removing a bishop seems to be a rare thing done only in the most serious of cases.  Does anyone know how common this was before Vatican II?  I don't think it was common even then.
(06-22-2011, 03:11 PM)cgraye Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2011, 02:55 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]So it's an example of Post-conciliar collegiality run riot, eh? I guess the problem is that in many cases the holy father is usig a strategy where he replaces problematic bishops at retirement instead of sacking them sooner.

A pope actually removing a bishop seems to be a rare thing done only in the most serious of cases.  Does anyone know how common this was before Vatican II?  I don't think it was common even then.

I suppose the idea is that if bishops acted as crazy pre v2 as they do now they wouldn't've lasted long. But I am curious how many were actually sacked, as you say.
Pages: 1 2 3