FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Irish Catholics--Sad Vortex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
:pray2:

St. Patrick, St. Brigid, St. Columba, pray for Ireland.
back in the 70s ireland had 90% weekly mass attendance. now its down to just under half. its startling what has happened to our religion since V2. let's all work toward and pray for the renewal of the True Religion.
Voris interviewed young people, many who said they were going to Mass to please their parents. I wish he would have interviewed the parents.
(06-29-2011, 12:03 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: [ -> ]:pray2:

St. Patrick, St. Brigid, St. Columba, pray for Ireland.

Yes  :pray:
It seems as if most of the young people are very poorly catechised and need to learn the facts, from someone.

The older gentleman seems downright prideful and protestant as he believes that the Church does not teach that missing Mass on Sundays is now not a mortal sin.

Now God is really the ice cream man.
That's a very sad video. 

One thing I wonder though is if he would have gotten a different reaction if he hit the countryside rather than urbanized cosmopolitan Dublin. 
Dan I know people here who were told that by priests in the day. Some of their Irish parents were abused at the hands of the Magdalenes. You know all Irish weren't like Barry Fitzgerald, and Bing Crosby, in Going my way.

tim
"One thing I wonder though is if he would have gotten a different reaction if he hit the countryside rather than urbanized cosmopolitan Dublin"

Based on my contact with people in rural Killarney several years ago, the answers would have been similar.

They are probably similar in the USA, rural and urban..  
Yes, its very sad.  Although we should pray for those young people.  It's not unheard of (it almost seems common) to leave the faith during the adolescent and return.  Of course, many leave the faith and don't.  I know I left.  I've heard a lot of people on FE say they left.  If they have a devout family, those chances of return increase.  I'm more worried about the "grown-ups" in that video who had their heads up you know where.

God have mercy.
(06-29-2011, 05:52 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, its very sad.  Although we should pray for those young people.  It's not unheard of (it almost seems common) to leave the faith during the adolescent and return.  Of course, many leave the faith and don't.  I know I left.  I've heard a lot of people on FE say they left.  If they have a devout family, those chances of return increase.  I'm more worried about the "grown-ups" in that video who had their heads up you know where.

God have mercy.

While there are many people who leave the church and return, Voris has shown in other videos that the vast majority of people who leave the church never return.
Pages: 1 2 3