FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Homos Engage in Publicity Stunt in San Diego Gay Bar Bruhahah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Editor: and the local authorities will collaborate with those who are creating the problem in the first place by changing their mind. 

This emoticon is racisss, btw...
Bow

Mass confusion

Priest says incident at San Diego parish over funeral rites for gay bar owner was a “set-up”

A controversy over the refusal of a San Diego parish to hold a funeral Mass for the deceased owner of a gay bar was a “set-up” by homosexual activists, an associate pastor at Our Lady of the Rosary Church said at a midday Mass yesterday.

The parish’s associate pastor, Fr. Louis M. Solcia, spoke about the controversy during noon daily Mass yesterday, a parish insider told California Catholic Daily. Fr. Solcia minced no words in describing the uproar over a decision by priests at the parish to refuse a funeral Mass for John Sanfilippo, who owned the San Diego gay bar the SRO Lounge and had been involved in a long-term same-sex relationship before his death.

Sanfilippo died on June 24 and his family and “partner” of 30 years had sought to have a funeral Mass for him at the downtown San Diego parish. Initially, plans for the funeral Mass moved forward and it was scheduled for June 30. But when Mr. Sanfililppo’s “partner” telephoned the parish to discuss further details, priests determined that a Mass would be inappropriate, the parish insider reported.

http://www.calcatholic.com/news/newsArti...7b9a5de2a1
(06-29-2011, 10:29 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Mass confusion

Priest says incident at San Diego parish over funeral rites for gay bar owner was a “set-up”

A controversy over the refusal of a San Diego parish to hold a funeral Mass for the deceased owner of a gay bar was a “set-up” by homosexual activists, an associate pastor at Our Lady of the Rosary Church said at a midday Mass yesterday.

Business as usual.........................the weak to non-existent faith of the NO cannot stand against, nor does it want to stand against this "set-up".
This sounds like typical drama and pot stirring that we often see with this community.

It is just like how something as base and generally unimportant as a bar full of unruly degenerates has become in today's world a pitched battle of heroic homosexuals fighting police for human rights and has been accorded the title of 'Riot' (speaking of Stonewall.)

Stubborn, as I read this it appears the Priests did the right thing and refused a funeral Mass for the individual.  Am I missing something?
(06-29-2011, 11:50 AM)kingtheoden Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like typical drama and pot stirring that we often see with this community.

It is just like how something as base and generally unimportant as a bar full of unruly degenerates has become in today's world a pitched battle of heroic homosexuals fighting police for human rights and has been accorded the title of 'Riot' (speaking of Stonewall.)

Stubborn, as I read this it appears the Priests did the right thing and refused a funeral Mass for the individual.  Am I missing something?

I don't think you missed anything.

My comment was perhaps a bit more backdated than anything. IOW, there was a time when homosexuals would never have had the opportunity to pull such BS - that was back when the Church stood for something.
Yes this guy was the owner of a gay bar (a public sinner) and the mass should have been refused as Ted Kennedy's should have. But Bishop Brom is a liberal with a past with homosexual charges leveled against him so no way he was going to back this pastor. What a scandal. Of course its judgement day for that man who died, I'd hate to be in his shoes.
(06-29-2011, 12:36 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]......... Of course its judgement day for that man who died, I'd hate to be in his shoes.

Mother of God! ! !
Story is here too...http://www.10news.com/news/28376902/deta...ource=sand

Quote: Diocesan Authorities have concluded that the funeral as scheduled at Our Lady of the Rosary Parish may take place. Plans for the ritual are yet to be made."
(06-29-2011, 01:23 PM)Peter Gabriel Wrote: [ -> ]Story is here too...http://www.10news.com/news/28376902/deta...ource=sand

Quote: Diocesan Authorities have concluded that the funeral as scheduled at Our Lady of the Rosary Parish may take place. Plans for the ritual are yet to be made."

Yeah.  "Ritual" sounds like the right word to use here.