FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican Launches News Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
News.va is the portal.

What do you guys think?
At the risk of being labeled a cynic . . . ridiculous.
I think the layout is pretty horrendous. Some of the articles seemed as if they have been badly translated into English. But, I am listening to Vatican Radio right now and shocked at the quality of the news, particularly its international focus. 
That tweet made me lol. But hey, the more of a presence the Church has online the better.
Gah....white slab serif type over diagonal lines = trendy graphic design from 2006.  :doh:

Come on Vatican, you know you'll never be cutting edge. Something more dignified and classical would be more appropriate.  Other than that, interesting concept!
So, L'Osservatore Romano's nonsense can reach more people now.

Promising.
(06-29-2011, 06:41 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: [ -> ]Gah....white slab serif type over diagonal lines = trendy graphic design from 2006.   :doh:

Come on Vatican, you know you'll never be cutting edge. Something more dignified and classical would be more appropriate.  Other than that, interesting concept!

As Father Z has said, the Vatican's motto regarding technology is "Yesterday's technology tomorrow!"
"Vatican Launches News Portal"

...which will be read by no one.
(06-29-2011, 07:04 PM)vakarian Wrote: [ -> ]"Vatican Launches News Portal"

lol...exactly.  "Look everyone, we're so cool and hip and with it! Hey, why isn't anyone coming over here?"
(06-29-2011, 07:25 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2011, 07:04 PM)vakarian Wrote: [ -> ]"Vatican Launches News Portal"

lol...exactly.  "Look everyone, we're so cool and hip and with it! Hey, why isn't anyone coming over here?"

Indeed. As a Catholic, I have already been pressed about it from some Muslims who find it laughable. I can't say I disagree with them.

As Johannes Dörmann (prof. emer. 1984) so aptly put it, this Novus Ordo is indeed "a new secularized Church, adapted to its modern time" in which its authors were motivated by "this simple and seductive idea: a 'New Theology' consonant with modern, scientific characteristics, as well as with the modern image of the world and history" (The Strange Theology of Pope John Paul II and the Spirit of Assisi, Johannes Dörmann, pp. 54-55).