FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Just wanted to share a link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/index.html

As many of you know, I'm often posting questions about scripture and lamenting how unsatisfied I am with Haydock, but more specifically a lack of other resources.  Well, I haven't looked too closely at this site but its a catholic scripture study site.

So, I figured I'd share it.  I'll look more closely at it after work, but from what I've seen it looks pretty cool. 

Pax Domini
(07-02-2011, 09:48 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/index.html

As many of you know, I'm often posting questions about scripture and lamenting how unsatisfied I am with Haydock, but more specifically a lack of other resources.  Well, I haven't looked too closely at this site but its a catholic scripture study site.

So, I figured I'd share it.  I'll look more closely at it after work, but from what I've seen it looks pretty cool. 

Pax Domini

I find this site a bit problematic.  First, it relies almost completely on the Cetechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) for reference.  The CCC is ponderous, verbose and ambiguous.  Second, the following definition of "no salvation outside the Church" is equivocal and indeterminate, and resounds the teaching of indifferentism and universalism: 

Quote:Catholic Replies sums up the teaching of the Church concerning what it means to be "saved" through the Church: What the doctrine of no salvation outside the Church does mean is that everyone is saved through the Catholic Church either as faithful members of that Church, or as members of churches which contain some significant elements of truth and sanctification found in the Catholic Church, or as persons who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or His Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do His will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience (Catechism n 847).  Those churches which contain some elements of truth would be, for example, protestant churches that practice Trinitarian baptism.

"Some elements of truth" of the Protestant churches is salvific?

This alone should deter from going to this site to learn about what the Holy Scsiptures teach.
So yet another place that I can't get help on scripture.  Great.
I haven't noticed anything different between Haydock and Veritas, but I haven't ever heard of the other two.  Bookmarked, thanks Vetus.