FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is it wrong to drink the holy water?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So in the middle of mass the morning some guy walks in and slurps two handfuls of holy water. He sits down for a few minutes and then leaves while taking two more gulps of holy water.

I've never before seen anyone drink holy water, but wasn't sure if there was a prohibition on this.

So what say you to drinking Holy Water? 
CREEPY
I also once saw someone come in with a gallon jug and fill it up with Holy Water.  I just figured they were doing an exorcism or something...but now I wonder if they were just drinking it...
(07-03-2011, 07:33 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]I also once saw someone come in with a gallon jug and fill it up with Holy Water.  I just figured they were doing an exorcism or something...but now I wonder if they were just drinking it...

They can't be doing an exorcism. Only properly authorised people can do that.

However, people do use it at home or when traveling and the big jug is a bit unusual, but I do not think it is a sign of anything.

If someone wanted water, any public restroom would have a faucet with more water and less suspicion.

When I want water at church, I go to the basement and use the kitchen they have down there.

(07-03-2011, 07:03 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]So in the middle of mass the morning some guy walks in and slurps two handfuls of holy water. He sits down for a few minutes and then leaves while taking two more gulps of holy water.

I've never before seen anyone drink holy water, but wasn't sure if there was a prohibition on this.
One can drink it, but that is very unusual behaviour.

I have seen people with mental delusions before and they may have altered perceptions or understandings.

I've heard it said that if we can eat and drink the body and blood of Christ, then there is no problem in drinking blessed water.

It's a bit unusual for someone to be "slurping" holy water in the Church. But as for the act of drinking it itself, I don't think there's a problem with it at all.
(07-03-2011, 08:04 AM)K3vinhood Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard it said that if we can eat and drink the body and blood of Christ, then there is no problem in drinking blessed water.

It's a bit unusual for someone to be "slurping" holy water in the Church. But as for the act of drinking it itself, I don't think there's a problem with it at all.

He was a very loud slurper! Loud enough for me to turn around and look at what he was doing!
The Orthodox and Eastern Catholics have a tradition of drinking Holy Water, if I recall correctly.
I use it to cook my morning oatmeal.  :laughing:
Maybe he has a vampire problem back at home and needed some extra protection. ;D
Pages: 1 2 3