FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Have You Read The Bible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I am just curious how much of the Bible have you all read!
Bah, is there a way for me to fix a typo in the poll?
(07-05-2011, 12:56 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Bah, is there a way for me to fix a typo in the poll?

No.

(07-05-2011, 12:56 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2011, 12:56 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Bah, is there a way for me to fix a typo in the poll?

No.

:(
(07-05-2011, 12:55 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]So I am just curious how much of the Bible have you all read!

I have read it all and I read it frequently.

However, for the most part, the usefulness of reading alone is limited.
Does anyone think it would be useful to read the bible while at Eucharistic Adoration?  Or would it be better to focus on prayer/meditation?
(07-05-2011, 01:40 AM)NigelWatts13 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone think it would be useful to read the bible while at Eucharistic Adoration?  Or would it be better to focus on prayer/meditation?
Lectio Divina would be a proper action, but if one is not that familiar with scripture, it may be more of a hindrance. Look at how many questions this forum gets when someone starts studying the Bible.
(07-05-2011, 01:40 AM)NigelWatts13 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone think it would be useful to read the bible while at Eucharistic Adoration?  Or would it be better to focus on prayer/meditation?

Yes. But depending on your walk in life, some books of the Bible may be more useful during Adoration than others.
(07-05-2011, 02:19 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes. But depending on your walk in life, some books of the Bible may be more useful during Adoration than others.

Right, I guess I just haven't read the whole thing ever.  Just whatever my crappy Catholic education gave me and the readings every Sunday.  So I have a lot to read...  Any recommendations on a book?  Or just start from the beginning?
(07-05-2011, 02:22 AM)NigelWatts13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2011, 02:19 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]

Right, I guess I just haven't read the whole thing ever.  Just whatever my crappy Catholic education gave me and the readings every Sunday.  So I have a lot to read...  Any recommendations on a book?  Or just start from the beginning?

I would start with the New Testament. 

Also, trying to read the Letters of Saint Paul in chronological order can be interesting. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4