FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fear and Trembling Before His New Office: +Scola Kicked out of Milan Seminary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fear and Trembling Before His New Office: +Scola Kicked out of Milan Seminary
Cardinal Angelo Scola was dismissed as a student of the Milan Seminary. Now he returns as an Archbishop to his home Diocese.

(kreuz.net) The new Archbishop of MIlan, Angelo Cardinal Scola (69, is experiencing "fear and trembling" in the face of his new assignment.

This was according to the Director of the Venetian Caritas, Msgr Dino Pistolato yesterday for the Milan newspaper 'Il Giornale'.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...s-new.html
I'll be seeing him celebrate Mass in Milan's Cathedral in January next year. :)

Any other info about him? Kreuz.net describes him as a neo-conservative but doesn't say much else. Does anyone know about his attitude towards the traditional Ambrosian Mass? That's what I'll be seeing when I go to Milan, hopefully. Currently it is celebrated only on Sundays, with the Novus Ordo throughout the week. God willing, this new Archbishop might have the traditional Mass celebrated daily in the Cathedral, as it ought to be.
Communion and Liberation says a lot about that... neo-Convative.

Her's a story from Lispers in the Loggia back in oh seven.

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/...scola.html
Apparently Communion and Liberation were a group who opposed the radical-left movements of the 60's, particularly at universities. That's encouraging.
they are still active. i went to many meetings of theirs in university.  wasnt me cup o tea but they do sip after meetings. vico was availible during some meetings actually. so wasnt a bad outfit
(07-05-2011, 11:09 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]they are still active. i went to many meetings of theirs in university.  wasnt me cup o tea but they do sip after meetings. vico was availible during some meetings actually. so wasnt a bad outfit

You mean, Giambatista Vico?  I knew it...