FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Banned in Brooklyn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Banned from his parishes

Statement of Brooklyn Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio regarding passage of same-sex marriage in New York

Today, Governor Andrew Cuomo and the state legislature have deconstructed the single most important institution in human history. Republicans and Democrats alike succumbed to powerful political elites and have passed legislation that will undermine our families and as a consequence, our society.

With this vote, Governor Cuomo has opened a new front in the culture wars that are tearing at the fabric of our nation. At a time when so many New Yorkers are struggling to stay in their homes and find jobs, we should be working together to solve these problems. However, the politicians have curried favor with wealthy donors who are proponents of a divisive agenda in order to advance their own careers and futures.

What is needed in our state is leadership and not political gamesmanship.

In light of these disturbing developments and in protest for this decision, I have asked all Catholic schools to refuse any distinction or honors bestowed upon them this year by the governor or any member of the legislature who voted to support this legislation. Furthermore, I have asked all pastors and principals to not invite any state legislator to speak or be present at any parish or school celebration.

http://calcatholic.com/news/newsArticle....f6bdba4944
The Bishop has complete control in his diocese he has no need to pander to phony fraud apostate catholic's like the Cuomo's.
deleted
This is how Governor Cuomo was dressed the day same-sex marriage was passed in New York.  He should be refused the Holy Eucharist until he recants.

[Image: USA_135531-300x450.jpg]
(07-06-2011, 12:23 AM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]This is how Governor Cuomo was dressed the day same-sex marriage was passed in New York.  He should be refused the Holy Eucharist until he recants.

This is true, but does he even attend mass?
All this fuss over a miniscule group of people who have mistaken the reproductive system for the digestive tract.
(07-05-2011, 10:09 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]The Bishop has complete control in his diocese he has no need to pander to phony fraud apostate catholic's like the Cuomo's.

I do like this Bishop because he is not the rule when it comes to the American hierarchy.  However, I disagree with the degree to which you credit his administration.

At a First Communion I went to smack dab in this diocese, I'm fairly confident the Mass was invalid.  If the Consecration did happen, there was sacrilege of soaring levels because the Precious Blood was dumped like gray water down sink.  Also, it was practically a bikinifest.  Even by Novus Ordo standards, this was pretty horrific.

Incidentally, a few weeks later I saw the First Communicant's father again at a funeral.  It came up outside the church (different diocese) that the next of kin of the departed has a Jewish live in girlfriend.  Keeping in mind I was a fresh Catholic of two years dealing with a throng of cradle Catholics, only one other was remotely confident that Jews cannot receive Communion.  I tried to explain that one must be Catholic, in good standing, and have no mortal sin on the soul (since the last Confession) in order to receive.  First Communicant's dad and I got into it over Baptism, in which he claimed one can be baptized as many times as he wants.  Shocked, I responded that the Nicene Creed that everyone hears and says at the Novus Ordo explicitly says otherwise.

His response was 'that's just what the Catholic Church believes, not Christians.'  This was a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment since mere weeks ago, he was laying on the Catholic thingwith wanton abandon.

So, the Bishop does not have that firm of control.  I do understand that His Lordship was probably dealing with a rock bottom, surface of the Moon crater.  But that's why I say that Bishops just have to man up, pull a St. Thomas Becket, and surpress the Novus Ordo (or at least have the Priest face the altar, use Latin for the Propers, etc.)
(07-06-2011, 12:23 AM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]This is how Governor Cuomo was dressed the day same-sex marriage was passed in New York.  He should be refused the Holy Eucharist until he recants.

There's a more important "R" word than recant: REPENT. He should recant ONLY because he repents. Cuomo will need tons of prayers for that to happen.
The Bishop has already muffled his original zeal by putting out a statement that he will not deny communion to pro-abortion politicians. Cowardice among the Bishops is a subject the Pope should speak on.
How about a declaration of excommunication?
Pages: 1 2