FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sister Teresita, 103 years old, world's longest serving recluse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is one cool nun:

If I am not mistaken, she is sceduled to go to World Youth Day next month.  First time out of the convent since the 20's.  Well, I know they have the NO in her convent, but maybe seeing the shenanigans(official and permitted) that have gone on at  the WYD's in the past will open her eyes to the nonsense that is perceived to be coming from the Catholic Church.  I don't doubt that she is a woman of faith.  I hope she sees that the faith is not being practised as it was when she entered the cloister.

Joe
(07-07-2011, 12:52 PM)joe17 Wrote: [ -> ]  If I am not mistaken, she is sceduled to go to World Youth Day next month.  First time out of the convent since the 20's.  Well, I know they have the NO in her convent, but maybe seeing the shenanigans(official and permitted) that have gone on at  the WYD's in the past will open her eyes to the nonsense that is perceived to be coming from the Catholic Church.  I don't doubt that she is a woman of faith.  I hope she sees that the faith is not being practised as it was when she entered the cloister.

Joe

Given that she lived through the Spanish Civil War when nuns were routinely raped and murdered...I think she has probably seen worse than World Youth Day...
  I would say the tragedies and mayhem of the Spanish Civil war that you speak of were indeed great evils for the eye to behold.  The thing about WYD, though, is that it is being sanctioned by the Vatican; the perpetrators of the Spanish Civil war crimes were not Sactioned the Pope Pius XI.  Pius XI behaved and taught as a true pope should.

Joe
I know of a nun that's close behind.  I think she's got 81 years as a religious. 
Now this is a friend of Jesus...................Thank  God for her witness!