FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The 12 who formed the FSSP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found this very interesting little document at the Priestly Fraternity website...  I know about Fr. Bisig, but are the other 11 still functioning as diocesan FSSP priests(If so, where) or are have they either left or retired??

"The Constitutions, which will specify the goals and the spirituality of this society, are inspired by the approved statutes of the Priestly Society of Saint Pius X, the society reserving to itself the right to make any changes which it judges necessary by reason of present circumstances. The undersigned respectfully request the Holy See to approve the said society in the shortest delay possible in order that they may act effectively for the unity and the good of the Church."

Made at Hauterive on 18 July 1988.

[Signatures]

P. Josef Bisig
Abbé Ph. Tournyol du Clos
P. Gabriel Baumann
Abbé Christian Lafargue
Abbé Patrick du Fay de Choisinet
Abbé Albert Jacquemin
P. J-M. Gervais (1)
P. Klaus Gorges
P. Engelbert Recktenvald
Abbé Christian Gouyaud
P. Franz Prosinger
Walthard Zimmer (deacon)
[Abbé denis Coiffet] (2)"

http://www.fssp.org/en/actfond.htm
Oh! these are the ones who made it to EWTN. That's great.

EWTN FAITH 10/13/2004

The FSSP is the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. After the SSPX went into schism, those SSPX members who could not in good conscience join the schism left that movement and formed the FSSP with the permission of John Paul II. It too is a traditionalist priestly fraternity, but it is in full communion with the Holy See. Those Catholics drawn to traditional expressions of the faith would do well to look into the work of the FSSP. If you have a vocation to the priesthood and are drawn to the old traditions, the FSSP is a viable option to explore; because the SSPX is in schism, it is not a viable option for a faithful Catholic.

Michelle Arnold
Also posts on Catholic Answers

COPYRIGHT 2011

(07-11-2011, 10:48 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! these are the  who made it to EWTN. That's great.

EWTN FAITH 10/13/2004

The FSSP is the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. After the SSPX went into schism, those SSPX members who could not in good conscience join the schism left that movement and formed the FSSP with the permission of John Paul II. It too is a traditionalist priestly fraternity, but it is in full communion with the Holy See. Those Catholics drawn to traditional expressions of the faith would do well to look into the work of the FSSP. If you have a vocation to the priesthood and are drawn to the old traditions, the FSSP is a viable option to explore; because the SSPX is in schism, it is not a viable option for a faithful Catholic.

Michelle Arnold

COPYRIGHT 2011

Yes, but i have no idea what this has to to with EWTN as I got it from the FSSP webpage..... These men are presumably FSSP priests now!

And and as far as the SSPX being in Schism, I wholeheartedly  disagree...They just don't have the faculties that Conciliar Rome wants!
(07-11-2011, 10:59 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2011, 10:48 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! these are the  who made it to EWTN. That's great.

EWTN FAITH 10/13/2004

Michelle Arnold

COPYRIGHT 2011

Yes, but i have no idea what this has to to with EWTN as I got it from the FSSP webpage..... These men are presumably FSSP priests now!

And and as far as the SSPX being in Schism, I wholeheartedly  disagree...They just don't have the faculties that Conciliar Rome wants!
Wants for whom? For the FSSP?

I think those faculties are what the FSSP wanted from conciliar Rome.
(07-11-2011, 10:48 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]blah blah blah

Gottminuns, if you can't help answer a straightforward question, then don't derail the thread on purpose.
(07-11-2011, 09:58 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]I found this very interesting little document at the Priestly Fraternity website...  I know about Fr. Bisig, but are the other 11 still functioning as diocesan FSSP priests(If so, where) or are have they either left or retired??

P. Josef Bisig
Rector of the American Seminary of the FSSP.

FSSP France

P. Gabriel Baumann
FSSP Switzerland (Rotkreuz)

Abbé Christian Lafargue
Normal parish priest in diocese Belley-Ars since 1995

Vicor General of the FSSP (and only continuous member of the FSSP governing board since its foundation)

Abbé Albert Jacquemin
A priest of this name seems to be with the diocese of Paris, but I'm not sure about him.

P. J-M. Gervais (1)
As noted, Fr. Gervais left the FSSP before its official foundation.

P. Klaus Gorges
FSSP Germany (Köllerbach)

P. Engelbert Recktenwald
FSSP Germany (Abtsteinach)

Abbé Christian Gouyaud
Diocese of Strasbourg since 1994 (for a TLM personal parish)

P. Franz Prosinger
FSSP, but don't know where he is currently. Last I know he was in Mexico.

Walthard Zimmer (deacon)
FSSP Austria (Linz)

FSSP France (Bordeaux)
???? ???
I can see two camps here; SSPX and FSSP. I belong to the former.
(07-12-2011, 02:13 AM)Freudentaumel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2011, 09:58 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]I found this very interesting little document at the Priestly Fraternity website...  I know about Fr. Bisig, but are the other 11 still functioning as diocesan FSSP priests(If so, where) or are have they either left or retired??

P. Josef Bisig
Rector of the American Seminary of the FSSP.

FSSP France

P. Gabriel Baumann
FSSP Switzerland (Rotkreuz)

Abbé Christian Lafargue
Normal parish priest in diocese Belley-Ars since 1995

Vicor General of the FSSP (and only continuous member of the FSSP governing board since its foundation)

Abbé Albert Jacquemin
A priest of this name seems to be with the diocese of Paris, but I'm not sure about him.

P. J-M. Gervais (1)
As noted, Fr. Gervais left the FSSP before its official foundation.

P. Klaus Gorges
FSSP Germany (Köllerbach)

P. Engelbert Recktenwald
FSSP Germany (Abtsteinach)

Abbé Christian Gouyaud
Diocese of Strasbourg since 1994 (for a TLM personal parish)

P. Franz Prosinger
FSSP, but don't know where he is currently. Last I know he was in Mexico.

Walthard Zimmer (deacon)
FSSP Austria (Linz)

FSSP France (Bordeaux)

Much appreciated!!! This is exactly what I was looking for!!!! ;D
(07-12-2011, 02:14 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]???? ???

The OP asked about the founding FSSP priests and a "where are they now?"

This threat was not / is not about SSPX vs FSSP and faculties and Rome and Catholic Answers and EWTN.
Pages: 1 2